-8-

POV Lauren

It's not the end of the world. Calm down. I only have to make the backtrack with Dani. It's not going to be extremely awkward. 

What am I even saying?

Of course, it's going to be awkward! 

"Lauren? Do you want to make the backtrack right now?" Dani asks me. I nod at her. The sooner the better. Together we walk to my room since we have the keyboard standing there. I pick my Macbook and we start working on the backtrack of the song. 

"Lauren? Do you think the beats need to come back here?" She shows me the part and I nod at her. Then I continue with making the music on the keyboard. Together we make like almost the whole song. "I have to go to the restroom", Dani says and then she walks out of my room. 

*Pling!*

I look at Dani her phone. It's lightening up. Shall I look? Slowly I look at her phone. No! Don't! You can't invade her privacy. 

Just pick up the phone! 

Then I pick up her phone. I need to know what's going on. 

You got a message from Caitlin 💕

Caitlin? Shall I look? Is Dani still stealing things? Is she still drinking with them? I have the right to know what's going on. It's my little sister. I can be worried about her. I unlock her phone, I know her password, and I go to Whatsapp. 

From: Caitlin 💕

Dan? Do u already have the money?!!

The money? What's going on? Then I decide to start reading back into her conversations. I have to know what's going on. 

Caitlin 💕: 

R u going to do it? 

Me (Dani):

No

Caitlin 💕:  

Don't be such a coward! U know what can happen right? 

Me: 

Okay.. I'll bring it tomorrow

Caitlin 💕: 

Yeas! U are one of my best friends!

Me: 

💖

Then I hear the toilet flushing. Immediately I shut down her phone and I lay it back. I pick up the keyboard and I pretend I'm busy looking at the music sheet. Why does Dani need to bring money? Why is Caitlin blackmailing her? Why is she such a bitch?! 

"Are we finished?" Dani asks. It looks like someone doesn't want to be with me anymore. I look at my laptop. Are we finished? Hmm.. I guess. 

"Yes, you can go", I say to her. "Finally!" she says and she almost cheers. Then she picks up her phone and walks away. Is she going to her room? I hear her walking down the stairs. Shall I follow her? Then I decide to follow her. 

I walk to the stairs before seeing her disappearing through the front door. With our car keys! Shit! I run to the kitchen. "Alex? How long are you staying?" I ask Alex who is sitting at the table. "Till tonight why?" He asks me. Then I run to the table and pick up his car keys. "Thank you!" I almost scream and then I run away. 

I see Dani just pulling out of the driveway. I watch her go away and then I jump into the car of Alex to follow her. 

I'm afraid Dani will be doing something stupid. Caitlin is obviously only using  Dani. Just for her money. Why couldn't I be more aware? I had to notice this before! 

I follow Dani from a safe distance. I see her driving to the Starbucks. Is that the meeting place? I see her stepping out of our car. Do I follow her? What if they notice me? After I few minutes deciding if I want to go I hear knocks on my car. I see Amy standing outside the car. She waves at me. 

I open the car and walk towards her. "Hey, Amy!" I say. Maybe I can go with Amy into the Starbucks. It wouldn't be weird. 

"Hey, Lauren! What are you doing here?" She asks me. Make an excuse. Right now. "I uh... I wanted to get Starbucks?" I say hesitantly. "Do you want to come with me?" I say recovering myself. Amy looks at me with debating something in her head. "Okay", She says after a while. What was she thinking? 

Together we walk inside the Starbucks. I see Dani sitting in the back with Caitlin and Sarah. The ones I hate the most. I also see Kendall and Kevin sitting somewhere different. Is Dani in deep shit? Because it looks like they trapped her. 

"What do you want?" she asks me. "Usual" I answer back. "Oh, Valencia orange refresher with two pumps of peach right?" she asks me. I nod at her and she walks to the counter to order for the two of us. I look at Dani sitting in the corner. She doesn't notice me. But I sure notice her. "Here", Amy says after she comes back for awhile. 

Of course, my name is spelled wrong. Loren. There are a few times they got it right. 

"Do you want to sit here?" Amy asks me. I nod. "Yeah, we can talk", I say to her. And with talking, I mean looking at Dani. 

"Lauren is everything okay? Why are you looking at Dani a lot? Is that the reason you are here?" Amy asks me as soon we are seated. Do I need to answer her honestly? I mean, it's Amy. Sweet Amy. She will understand me when I'm worried about Dani. 

"Well, I'm actually worried about her" I say deciding to answer her with honest. Maybe I'm making the wrong decision. But I need to tell it to someone. But it's Dani her secret. I can't tell the secret of someone else... 

"Why are you worried? Is there something wrong with Dani?" She asks me. Then I decide to lie a little bit. Just a little bit. 

"I don't think Caitlin is a good friend", I say. It's the truth. I just leave a huge part out of it. It's not like Amy knows that I'm lying. 

"What's wrong with her?" Amy asks me eager to know everything. "I just don't get a good feeling around her", I say staring at my drink. "Well, she smokes", Amy says looking at them. How does Amy know that Caitlin smokes? She knows.

"Amy?" I look at Amy. She looks at me not noticing what she said. "How do you know that Caitlin smokes? Do you know more?" I ask looking into her eyes. 

"Why would I tell you? You're also not telling the truth to me" Amy says looking into my eyes. Oh my gosh. She knows. How?! 

"How do you know? What do you know?" I ask her. Amy looks at me with an apologizing look. "Sorry, I know about your fight with Dani. I wanted to visit you guys and I heard you fighting from downstairs. Lauren, you need to make it up with Dani", she says. 

She knows. About my fight with Dani. 

"Why didn't you tell us?" I ask her almost getting mad. But then I realize she can't do anything about it. We were just loud. And she just happened to be there at the wrong moment. 

"I was afraid", she responds me. "Thank you for telling me, I really hope everything will be okay between Dani and me", I say looking into her direction. She sits scared between Caitlin and Sarah. 

"Lauren, if you want everything to be okay between you and Dani then you need to do it yourself. As you can see, Dani is in a wrong situation. Try to knock some sense into her head and make it right", Amy says looking at me. I give her a small smile. It sounds easy. But it will never be that easy. Dani is a stubborn little child. She is not going to forgive me that easy.

"You are sisters: you'll always fight but you'll always make up as well. That's what sisters do. Because family is family... You'll always be there for each other."

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Hey! Another chapter! :). I hope you're enjoying the story so far <3

Thank you for voting I really appreciate it!