38- Stronger.

[ Lucy's POV ]

I was heading towards the bathroom to wash my face really fast before going to the class. Thankfully, I still had few minutes to spare, so I don't think I'll be coming after the teacher.

I entered the bathroom and headed towards the sink to wash my face. I looked myself in the mirror and sighed.

"Why. . . Did I cry?" I asked myself as I touched my cheeks gently.

It was somewhat uneasy to think about, and those tears that fell, they had to have a meaning to it.

I turned the handle to let water flow down then put my palms under it and washed my face.

"I can't. . . Stop thinking about this." I murmured while I was washing my face.

Pictures of Natsu and Loki showed up in my head. Why, why now? Why those two? So many questions popped up in my head that it almost gave me a headache.

"Ugh, just stop it already!" I scolded myself.

"Look at that idiot!" I heard someone say. I turned to look the other way to see the Water Queen barging in.

Oh no.

Why is she here? Frick, why now? Gosh, I don't have time for her!

"Didn't thought we would ever meet again. . ." Juvia said with a slight smirk and a giggle.

"And I didn't expect that we would ever interact again." I said with a determined tone. To be honest, I wasn't scared anymore. My knees didn't hit each other in fear, and my mind wasn't going places, nor was I in tears again. I felt strong, felt independent.

"Oh, seems like those people who became 'friends' with you did something on ya, you're even answering me back!" She quoted friends in a sarcastic way as she rolled her eyes.

"So? That at least made me a better person, thanks to them." I folded my hands under my chest. My eyes were narrow and sharp, only gazing at what was eight in front of me.

Juvia, I'm not the same weak person you knew before.

"Ha! Don't make me laugh. B*tch, I'll still come back to drag you down!" Her voice echoed through the empty bathroom making a loud voice to go through the hallways.

I, to be honest, don't want a rescue, all I want is to see how far I have become. I want to know how much I've changed now and how strong I got, even if it was just a little.

"Then, show me."

"You asked for it!" Juvia rushed towards me with a winning look.

As if.

She formed a fist in her palm, then a punch was about to be thrown my way.

It was so close, so close that I could feel it.

I shut my eyes so tightly.

"Eeek!"

I was holding something, don't know what exactly, but I sure did hold something. I slowly opened my eyes to see her hand right between my palms. She seemed to be in pain as well.

"You're holding it so tightly you freaking moron. Leave me!" She tried to pull her hand away but my grasp was too strong for her.

I immediately left her hand with a shocking face. Did I really do that? That counts as a defeat, right?

"Ugh, whatever, class is about to start and I don't wanna waste it on someone like you!" She spat out then left.

I. . . Defeated Water Queen?

I, Lucy Heartfilia, did it.

"Yes!" I screamed while throwing my fist to the ceiling like an idiot.

"Oh god, class is about to start!" I gasped then rushed to my class hoping I do have someone easy to deal with.

It was Mest.

_________________________

A surprise chappy!

Also, I wanted to show you a little thing that might hype you. It's something from the upcoming chapters but they are not spoilers so don't worry!

Anyways, enjoy. ;)

_________________________

Chapter 42

I finally reached my destination. I formed a fist and knocked on the door.

"Who?" I heard Gray say.

"It's Levy, open up. And if you're naked, put clothes on." I rolled my eyes knowing for a fact that he would be naked behind that door.

"Jeez, you saw right through me. Gajeel, come open the door for Levy." I jumped in surprise and my face started to heat up.

'You idiot!' I looked down to the ground with an embarrassing face on. Steps could be heard louder and louder. I shut my eyes tightly together while still looking down.

The door opened.

Chapter 45

'Why are you here?' He thought while glaring at the one and only Natsu. Natsu was focused only on Lucy with worried expression. Once his eyes shifted to Loki and met with his eyes, he knew for sure that something bad will happen.

"Well, if it isn't you guys. . ." Loki said while clapping slowly. The whole place went silent and was only focused on what those teenagers were doing.

____________________

Next chapter: Mest.