35- Doubt.

It was already past the time for the period to be over, but the teacher was still going on. Gray sighed looking at his hand watch to check the time.

"Jeez, the guts of this man." Gray complained.

His eyes shifted from looking at the watch, to staring at his boring teacher that went on and on about boring math equation that his brain couldn't process it, to his classmate next to him which is Natsu who seemed to be out of space.

"Psst." Gray hissed, hoping his daydreamer friend to actually notice.

He sighed when Natsu didn't move an inch to answer; he had the feeling that something for sure was wrong but didn't know when to actually start asking and he didn't want to push it too much either.

_________________________

The bell rang, making all students to rush through the door to go home.

"Man, today was so long!" Gray complained with some extra o's in so. He tried to light up the mood and act like his usual self when he's with his best friend.

"Beats me. ." Natsu said.

Gray decided to poke Natsu's, maybe that was going to move something in him.

"Gray, stop." That's all Natsu muttered. He didn't even give him a single look, just looked down with emotions that could not be read.

"Ah, uh, sorry. . ." Gray apologizing while scratching the back of his head nervously, his eyes looked down to the other side in a bit of disappointment.

"Something is wrong Gray. ." Natsu finally released something. Gray felt relieved to hear that but it was still concerning him, what was wrong anyways?

"What up? You know you can talk to me any time about anything." He tried to not sound too much of a bother.

"Loki, he's up to no good." Natsu's expression changed in less than a second from epathetic to morose.

Gray recalled what happened between him and Loki in the cafeteria and thought about it for a second, did something happen between Loki and Natsu once Gray left? That was the first question that popped in his head.

"What happened?" Gray sounded more serious by now. He didn't feel like joking around was something necessary anymore.

"Where is Gajeel first?" Natsu changed directions which confused gray but it still didn't bother him.

"I seriously don't know, maybe he left early?" Gray thought of any reason to come up with to help his friend out. For some reason, Matsu seemed pretty concerned about Gajeel, which was something really strange to think about.

"Ah, I see. . ." Natsu sighed.

Gray was curious about the Gajeel thing. He couldn't help it buy ask about it.

"Why do you want him?"

Silence went on for five seconds or more.

"You'll know later," natsu answered, "maybe." He then whispered.

___________________________

• T I M E   S K I P •

The boys were in their room, and despite that Natsu wanted Gajeel he still didn't talk to him which made Gray somewhat worried about things. Was it probably because he's with them in the same room and they want to talk about something specific, a secret you could say?

"Say, Natsu, why were you late today?" Gray asked out of blue with no eye contacts between the two boys.

"I was in the canteen still buying some things." Natsu answered bluntly.

"Oh, is that so?" Gray felt something tricky about this answer, "but I didn't see anything with you when you came back. . ." Gajeel felt something suspicious going on with all the questions that were thrown away by Gray.

"Hey, what is up with all of that?" Gajeel asked, but no one answered. Gray just looked at him then looked back at Natsu.

And Natsu was still silent.

"What about your eyes?" Gray asked once more.

"What eyes?" Natsu wondered, same with Gajeel, he was confused to what exactly he was talking about.

"You came back and your eyes were red, what was that?" He clarified.

"N-nothing much, can we stop with all the investigation that is going on right now?" Natsu tried to run away from it, but Gray didn't give up yet, even Gajeel felt something was wrong with Natsu rather than Gray.

"Hey, Bro, did something happen once I was gone?" Gajeel asked Natsu in anxiousness hoping nothing actually went wrong. He wasn't ready for problems and drama anyways.

"Frick, just leave me alone you two!" Natsu yelled in anger. His voice clearly sounded anxious, something was definitely wrong.

"I won't until you answer." Gray protested and gajeel nodded saying, "yeah, me too."

"Gosh, fine, you want answers? Then I'll serve ya right." Natsu sounded determined more than anything. He didn't seem to be afraid, nor was he trembling, but yet there was something ominous that he felt, he just couldn't grasp it.

____________________________

Next chapter: a Plan.