Trial

I have been home from the hospital for a few days now. I have been constantly watching my kids to make sure they were safe also while trying to protect my future one. Please god let him go away. Let Blake go behind bars forever. Just once I beg you do something good for me.

Today was the day that we were to go to trial. The police found Blake beaten up from across the hospital I was at. Who could have done that though? Wait a minute. I looked at my Papa Louis hands and saw he had some old bruises on them. Could he have? I gulped in fear as I thought of one of my dads doing that.

"Miss Styles-Tomlinson?" I snap out of my thoughts to see a police officer in front of me.

"Yes?" I asked nervously.
"Are you ready for your trial? You may go in as soon as you wish." The cop said. I nodded and took a deep breath.
It was just my dads and I. My siblings were at home with my sister Darcy and my children were with Skyler. I didn't want him or my children or my siblings to see me at my weakest.
I looked at both my dads and they nodded.
I opened the doors and went to sit with my lawyer while my dad's went to sit with rest of my the spectators after they each kissed me on the forehead.
"All rise for Judge Hammel."
We rose as the judge walked in and once he sat down so did everyone else.
I glanced over and saw Blake at the other table. He smirked at me and I looked away.
"What are the charges?" Judge Hammel said getting right to the point.
"Stalking in the first degree, rape in the 2nd degree and abuse in the third degree." My lawyer said.
"How does the defendant plea?" Judge Hammel asked
"Not guilty your honor." Blake said. The first one to be called to the stand was me.
"How do you know the defendant?" My lawyer asked

"We used to date and parent a child together." I said

"Now Courtney my client says you have denied him access to his children is that true?"Blake's attorney said
"Yes but" I say but was cut off by his lawyer.
"So you have not let my client see his children when he wants? Even though he has the right to see his children?" Blake's lawyer said.
"He has no right! He's abusive and controlling. I do not want my kids around that." I yelled.
"You have no proof." Blake's lawyer said.
"These old bruises are proof enough for you? I said rolling up my sleeves. I then rolled up my shirt "What about these old bruises or this scar that I will always have as a reminder of all the things that monster has done to me!" I yelled.
"Exhibit A your honor.Photos of the abuse that my client has suffered at the hands of Mr.Brower." My lawyer said showing the judge some pictures. I was then asked a few more questions and then Blake was called and asked a few questions.
"Well I have heard both sides. And while I believe that children should have both parents in their lives i have no choice that to grant Courtney Styles Tomlinson full custody and Blake Brower 15 years in prison. Court adjourned." The judge said and we left. I can't believe I won. I won't have to deal with Blake anymore.