"You managed to 'reconcile'? The way you went on about her made it seem like you had no room in your heart for reconciliation."

"What's the matter?" he patted your head. "I thought you liked Kyunghee. Even though I told you not to, you seemed like you wanted to get closer to her."

"I don't dislike her, but...she kinda rubbed me the wrong way the other."

Taehyung lifted his hand off your head. "She said something to you?"

"She started accusing me of trying to get into your pockets just because we talked about the things you bought me. I think she believes I'm just like those girls you messed with before."

"Why didn't you tell me about this when we were back your place before I called the guys? If I knew about it, I wouldn't have thought to bring her."

"It slipped my mind, okay! She made it seem like she was being protective of you like a friend," you gaze fell to your fiddling with your fingers, "but it felt like she started attacking me right after I told her I liked you." You looked back up to him. "Just what kind of relationship did you have with her?"

The sudden question caught Taehyung off guard. "Wh--what do you mean what kind of relationship? It was a normal one," he shrugged.

"A normal, what? Friendship? Because normally if a friendship ends, the other person wouldn't feel like chewing out every other person that gets close to you, like some jealous ex-lover or something."

"You're imagining it." Taehyung tried to keep his cool under your amazing perceptive skills.

"'I'm imaging it'?" You onced him over. "Are you keeping something from me?"

He nervously chuckled. "Why would I need to keep anything from you, huh?"

"You tell me." Silence stood in between the both of you for a couple of seconds. Either of you waited for the other to speak, but nothing else was said for that time. Being that he couldn't take on the silence that furthered his anxiousness, Taehyung decided to be the first.

"Jiyeong, there's nothing I need to keep from you. I've opened up to you about a lot of things, right? You know I'll let you in on anything."

"If that's true, then you can just tell me about your past with her. I might not be as smart as Namjoon sunbae, but I'm no dumbass either, so smiling and giving you a hug like everything is okay, isn't okay. It isn't going to take this uneasy feeling away so easily."

Taehyung sighed, thinking of a lie to tell as quick as possible. "Okay, Kyunghee and I were close--"

"--close as in a couple?"

"Friends. We were just close friends once, but one day she betrayed me in a way I never expected and we stopped being friends altogether. That's all there is to it. If anything she's probably just jealous because I'm close with a girl that's not her."