"The answer is no

"The answer is no."

"Please Tyler?"

"No. No way. Absolutely not."

"Please?"

Tyler sighed and kept walking down the hall, Josh scrambling up to keep up with him.

Josh slowed as his steps fell in place next to Tyler. "I just don't see why-" he started, but Tyler interrupted.

"There's no way, Josh," Tyler shook his head as he opened the door to his room and walked inside. Josh quickly followed him.

"Can't it just be for a little while?" Josh asked hopefully, sitting down on Tyler's bed.

"I said no, Josh," Tyler snapped. "And no means no. Quit arguing with me."

Josh let out a frustrated huff of air and flopped back on Tyler's bed.

"I just miss them, Tyler," Josh mumbled, staring up at the ceiling. "They're my family. I want to see them."

Tyler sat down on the other edge of the bed, his back toward Josh. He stared out the only window in his room. The heavy black curtains were pulled back, allowing bright sunlight to pour into the room.

"Can't we just go for a little while?" Josh continued. He sat up and crawled across the bed to sit next to Tyler.

Tyler rolled his eyes. "In case you haven't forgotten, I'm a wanted man, Josh," he said, pointing to his chest. "As soon as I step outside I got a warrant over my head."

Josh looked down.

"If I go out there and someone sees me," Tyler continued, pointing out the window. Josh's eyes followed his hand and glanced outside. "I could get life. And that's if I'm lucky. At worst, I'd get the chair."