///Chapter 32///

*Lauryn's POV*

It's been 4 whole days since my "outburst".
I have been "drinking" all the pills that my regular nurse, Betty, comes in to give me.
She's sweet but is blind as a mouse I must sadly say. So it's easier to fool her & to get away with my trick.
The injections from the doctor on the other hand though, not so much.

Every night since then, they come into my room to give me an injection.
Why did I say, "they", u may ask? Well 'cause 4 nurses come in along with Doctor Needle over here, to jam the surprisingly large needle into my arm. 😒
I do not resist though so since yesterday, they've lowered the 4 nurses down to 2. Lucky me.......🙄

It is currently 8 pm & the sun has already started setting.

It's time........Thank god they didn't take away my privilege to go & pee 'cause that would've been a disaster.

I walk out of my room & down the hallway.
I spot the main/front desk & a few nurses in a couple of patients rooms.

I walk towards the end of the hallway where the bathroom was.

I put my hand on the door knob & stopped. I turned around to make sure that no nurses were looking my way.
Ok.......now!
I immediately walk into the both boys/girls bathroom (basically public to both genders) & closed the door.

"Hey! I'm in–"
"Here.....", Gabriel starts saying but his words slowly faint as he sees me.

Thank god he wasn't doing any business right now.........

Since I couldn't lock the door since they don't allow locks on bathrooms here I laid my back on it.

"L-Lauryn...what are u doing in here?", he asks me with his head down.

I took one step towards him.

"Y-You shouldn't be in here. The nurse only gave me 5 minutes & now I'm down to 3 so u should—"
"Why'd u do it?", I asked abruptly cutting him off.

"Huh?", he asked with a confused look.

I took one step closer.

"Why'd u kill our child?", I ask as I can hear my voice starting to break.

Gabriel stands there with his head still down.

"Your jealously made u pull that trigger. How could u pull that trigger for something sooo stupid?! I loved u & u started abusing me. Y-You took my love & put it in this, this jar of yours & I felt weak. I couldn't breathe. Your very name brung fear to me. And then u-u-u killed our child Gabe! How could u—"

(Sobs)

I was cut off by sobs in front of me.
As I was pouring my heart out I didn't realize Gabriel was........crying?

Is he....is he crying? This place must truly be a game changer.......

"Gabriel are u......crying?", I asked looking at him in utter shock.

He continues to sob even more ignoring me.

"Gabriel.....u-u haven't sobbed since forever, not even those times when we watched hella sad movies or, or when your grandmother died. How—"

(Wails)

"I'm so sorry!", he cries out loud, falling to his knees & holding onto his chest.

A crying Gabriel was sitting on the bathroom floor grabbing ahold of his hair & putting his head on the ground.

"I was so fucking stupid! I didn't realize I was becoming more & more like my father & abusing u the way I did. I told myself that it's because I'm protective of u but that wasn't right. And when the police officers took me away my sister visited me in here & told me that-that u were pregnant & in the hospital. I couldn't stop crying......I even tried to hang myself in my room that night. I couldn't take the pain. I-I-I just couldn't take it......😖", he wails looking up at me.

Water was just pouring out of his eyes & his face started getting red.

I went to his side on the ground & lifted his head.

He kept sobbing & sobbing & even after dating him for a long time...he's never cried. It's like an eclipse. It was very rare.

I-I don't know if it was the drugs they put in me or....if it was the needles they stabbed me with that makes me feel sleepy but I felt the urge to....hug him.........

And before I knew it I couldn't stop myself.

I put my body against his & hugged his childlike face.
He sobbed into my chest like a hurt 5-year old boy who needed his momma.

He sobs there for a good minute & then lifts up his head.

I gave him a tiny smile as he wipes his eyes & nose.

And then.......
Without any thought at all........

(Bam)

To Be Continued.......