///Chapter 18///

{Valentine's Day Special}
Pt. 1

**********************************

(2 Weeks Later)

It's been a good 2 weeks of absolute mystery.
These past weeks have include, confusion, love, & pain...especially that today's Valentine's Day.

These past weeks, I have been confused about my situation with Gabriel. He hasn't been at school a lot....thank the lord....and his two bff's keep looking at me in class like they wanna help me or tell me something but they can't.

I am still trynna figure out who Devin likes as well, I mean today's Valentine's Day, shouldn't he be coming clean to Danielle or Athena?!

And on top of all that, my stomach's been having the worst pain these past weeks.
I've been taking Advil almost every morning which calms it down for the rest of the day.
Maybe it has something to do with the night I fainted? Must be those before-your-period-comes-pre-cramps. 😒

My dads & I haven't been very close lately so today I'm spending my Valentine's with them. They even invited Danielle over since Athena was already busy with their boyfriend
which is sadly, Gerome.😒🙄🙄
They started dating I don't know when & I really am scared if she comes close to Gabriel. Gerome is a good guy & all but is also one of his best friends....I don't want anything to happen to her.

I am currently finishing up my poem for my literature class:

Your heart...it pounds & pounds 'till your body gets enough.
The war that was given to u was your heart pounding with the sacrifice of blood.
You will carry that blood inside of you forever but it made you stronger.
It made you a warrior.
It made you become so much clever.

You look around you & see a world of despair.
You feel like giving up on everything & everyone but keep on fighting, in the end you'll be the only one who won.
You have the Heart of War, never forget.
You will always feel pain & feel like falling down.
But don't let that stop you from getting up again.

*Danielle's POV*

I am walking over to Lauryn's house for a mini Valentine's dinner her dads are having.
I look up ahead & see the house just down the block.

Damn, this was long wal-

(Snap)

I heard a branch snap & I jumped up immediately & turned around.

"Who's there?! Don't play with me I got a knife in my bag!😤", I yelled.

Suddenly, I was grabbed from behind by a pair of hands & thrown to the ground.

I couldn't say anything else or do anything else as I was preoccupied by the big shining light coming towards me.
I got up & tried to run but it was too late.

(Bam)
(Screech)

The edge of the car hit my ribs causing my head to hit the side-mirror of the car.

"H-Help......", I muffled silently.
I saw the person who threw me harshly on the ground as bait for my death hop in the car with the other person.....their shadows, I couldn't make them out.
They drove off leaving me for dead.

I black out before I could make out who those people were.......

*Lauryn's POV*

I had finished my little poem that I was sincerely proud of & am now on my phone on my bed.

I wonder what's taking Danielle so long, she said she'll be here soon but that was like 10 minutes ago......

(Bizzz)

My phone buzzed signifying that I had a message.
I opened it & it was from an unknown number? 🤔

Who the fuck-

Unknown Number: Chocolate tastes sweet, but blood is even sweeter. ~Happy Valentine's Day ❤️

I looked up with a scared expression on my face worried of my theory.

Could it be.....no...no, no, no, no, NO!!!

I grabbed my phone & ran down the stairs.

I texted Kevin telling to meet me at my house ASAP.

My dads looked at me with worried faces.

"Peaches, what's wrong?", my dad (George) asked.

I scurried around the whole living room looking for my shoes.
I finally found them & before my dads could ask me what's wrong again, I ran out the door.

I clutched on my phone & looked at my block.
I looked at the cars on the street & nothing.
I then saw down the block next to a street light, was something laying flat down under it.

I walked, then started speed-walking. As I walked closer & closer to the street-light, my theory was scarily coming true.

No, no, no, no, NOOO!!! DANIELLE!!!

I ran under I threw myself on the ground & turned the body facing towards me.

DANIELLE! Wake up!!! Wake up.....

Tears started flowing out of me as I saw my friend with blood gushing out of her head.

I shook her & shook her but nothing.

(Screech)
(Slam)

"Lauryn?!", I heard a voice call out to me.
I looked up to see Kevin slamming the car door shut the second he saw me on the sidewalk balling over a body.

I signed with my right hand quickly, "Call 9-1-1!".

Kevin pulled out his phone immediately & dialed the number.

Your gonna be alright.....you're gonna be alright........

To Be Continued......