Chapter 8: Perfect Heartbreak

Y/N's POV

After we got back to the stables and I said goodbye to Blake, Jimin took us all to a cafe to get some lunch for the walk back to his home, Jungkook hadn't spoken to me since the incident in the woods...

I didn't know how to tell him how I felt...

We had all been sat out in the sun of the Park household's garden for an hour now, we were laughing and joking around with each other but I was just trying my hardest to think of a way to break the news to Jungkook, I did feel extremely guilty, since I had gone along with the kiss as well, probably giving him false hope.

As I was staring into space I didn't notice the exact boy that consumed my thoughts come and sit beside me, "hey uh, Y/N, are you okay? You've seemed off since, you know..." he looked nervous as I watched him gulp and start fiddling pointlessly with his fingers.

The others were off by the pool, just dipping their feet in, so I figured now would be a good enough time to just spit it out, "No Jungkook... I'm not alright actually." I mumbled and he looked at me with wide eyes, "oh..." was all he mumbled before lowering his head.

"I'm really sorry Jungkook I shouldn't have kissed you, I only see you as my brother and my friend..." My stomach was riddled with guilt as he looked back up to me for a split second with tears in his eyes before blinking, sighing and looking away.

"It's fine... I should've known anyway, from the way you look at Jimin." He then scoffed, getting angry now. My eyes widened and my cheeks reddened as he had figured it out so quickly and easily, I let my eyes wander over to the said boy who was laughing with Hoseok and Taehyung splashing in the pool.

"W-What do you mean?" I gulped nervously, looking back at him, he looked up at me with a glare, "before you even met the guy you were fantasising about being with him, I saw it every time someone even mentioned his name, well sucks to be you when he has a girlfriend!" I frowned at his harsh words as tears prickled my eyes.

"You know what Jungkook, I thought that because you're my brother you would understand and maybe even help me through this, if you cared obviously, but you're being selfish, I said I was sorry that I didn't reciprocate your feelings but that doesn't mean you need to be a jerk about the feelings I do have." I ranted, not fully shouting as the others could have heard, as a few tears silently fell down my cheeks.

His glare softened a little before he clenched his jaw and huffed, he stood up off of the deck chair and strode off into the house, I sighed and laid back into the chair before wiping at my tears.

How did I ever think that could have gone well...?

After a few more minutes of me sitting and collecting my thoughts, I heard Tae call over to me, "Hey Y/N, where did Jungkook go? He said he was gonna talk to you?" He asked with a slight frown as he jogged over to where I was sat, I put on the best smile I could muster and sat up higher to answer him, "uh, I'm not entirely sure, I think he went inside..." I mumbled and he frowned a little at me in confusion.

"Are you okay?" He asked and crouched down to my level, "not really, but I think you'd rather talk to Jungkook about it." I smiled weakly and I saw the concern in his eyes as he stood and looked from the house back to me, "uh, okay? I'll go and see if I can find him?" I could tell he was both worried yet mainly confused as he made off towards the back door of the large house.

Not long after, Hobi and Jimin had had enough of the pool and made their way towards where I was still sat in the sun, "Hey Y/N, did the others go inside already?" Jimin asked sweetly with his perfect little smile, I couldn't help but smile back as I nodded gently, "yeah I think so."