Chapter 11

It is so good to be back at work.Staying at home kept me worrying too much.Not to tell you that my co-workers were shocked to see me today.Apparently nobody that had been away for such a long time kept their respective jobs and this got many rumors about me being circulated.Some were hilarious and some were just cruel.I know i should not be affected by them but that got me thinking when they would know about me and Mr Kace what will it be like.

Let that aside for now and i am so thankful that i was done for today so i decided to join Sophia at the cafe.With all my problems i had somehow neglected Sophia which made me feel quite guilty.

I arrived at the cafe earlier than the time we have set so i sat down and appreciated the atmosphere.But being true to myself it lasted for a few minutes as my thought drifted to Mr Kace. 

Mr Kace had gone back to being his grumpy self and had plunge himself in his work.I noticed that he does that every time he opened up a little about himself.Why is he like that?I always asked myself that.

"Hey Missy!When would you stop day dreaming?"Sophia interrupted my thoughts by the snapping of her fingers in front of my face and she sat down on the chair in front of me.

"Dreaming about your boss maybe."Sophia teased me.

"Oh shut up and what about someone named Zachary."i said while arching my eyebrow and smiling mischievously at Sophia.

Sophia blushed and became uneasy.

"I don't know what you are taking about."she said while giving me an innocent face.

"Come on you can't fool me.First how come Zachary has access to your apartment and not to forget the increasing intimacy between you two.I also caught you both stealing glances of each other."

"Ok fine.There is no use hiding it from my you.But first i should warn you to not jump to a conclusion.Promise..."she said while showing me her pinky finger.

I laughed at her childish antics and we crossed our pinky fingers together.

"Ok but wait i am hungry.I have to feed for two now."i kind of mumbled the last part to myself.Now with the baby on board many things would change in my monotonous life.

"The pregnant woman has spoken."Sophia saluted me and i gave her a stink eye.

We ordered our food quickly and i urged Sophia to continue.

"Ok. Spill it out."I said while rubbing my hands together.

"Do ...d...do you remember the night at the club?"Sophia said tentatively.

"How could i forget that eventful night."i said as i rolled my eyes.

"That night.... i have to confess that i was not that intoxicated and i kind of blamed Zachary for putting something in our glass which was not actually the case."

"And..."i encouraged Sophia to continue.

"I released my fury on him and we got into a fight.With all that had been going on i don't know how........ he kissed me."Sophia said and closed her eyes exasperatedly.

"And he took me with him to his place."

My eyes widen on hearing all that and i know that how much Sophia says that she does not feel anything for Zachary, she has already a soft spot for him in her heart.My ice queen is finally melting her frozen heart since that unfortunate  episode of her life and she is not even conscious of it.This strange and new emotions to Sophia are creating a turmoil in her.

We stayed quite for a moment as we digest all that.

Then i broke this deep reflective silence.

"Sophia you like him."a single phrase like that could turn Sophia's life upside down when she realise it.

"I don't know what to do Claire.The more i tried to get away from Zachary the more he comes closer to me.I have to protect my heart and myself Claire."

Hearing Sophia in dismay i engulf her in a hug.

"What can i say.We both got two morons after us."i said

"That's for sure they are both morons.They are both annoying..."

"Monkeys!"we both said together and we burst out laughing.