Chapter 5

It's been several months since i have been working with Mr Kace and that embarrassing situation was long forgotten.I am very thankful that it was never mentioned between us again. 

At the hospital,Mr conceited told the doctor to do a complete check up on me.As if i had not been already get my dose of embarrassment for the day,they had me took a pregnancy and fertility test too despite me arguing with them that it is not necessary.What an eventful situation.

Surprisingly working with Mr Kace was smooth.What i have learned about him is that he is a perfectionist like me and i think it is the only reason we got along really well at work .

In the past six months nothing happened between us but there is still that strange feeling every time we are alone which occur rarely these days .It is not like the sparkles flying that everyone thinks about and it is not sexual tension that Sophia perpetually remind me of.

Thinking about Sophia,she and Mr Kace's friend,Zachary still do not see eye to eye but they keep running into each other which i think is not by coincidence and i hope nothing wrong happens to her.Let's just say Sophia found someone who could challenge her strong personality.

"Miss Quinton,your coffee."the clerk gave me my daily coffee and the latter is really addictive but it has different taste.I tried asking my colleagues why it taste so different but they told me that it is like any other type of coffee.

I thanked the clerk for the coffee and drank it before attending the weekly meeting with Mr Kace which is in an hour or so.As i have some queries i decided to see Mr Kace early.

"Can i come in sir?"i said while knocking at the door.

"Come in."i heard and push the door slightly when i felt a sudden dizziness.I shook my head and went inside the office.

On my way to the seat in front of the office desk,i felt the dizziness come back and this time more intense.My sight became blurred and i slowly fell into the abyss of darkness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"When will she wake up?"i heard someone saying faintly.

My eyes feel so heavy and my head hurt.I blinked my eyes and then saw white walls so i guess that i am in a hospital.Then i recalled that i lost conscience in front of my boss again.

I tried to sit up when a nurse entered my room and immediately rushed toward me and make me lie down again on the bed and said

"Miss you should not move or else the treatment would not take effect."

"What treatment?"i asked her confusingly.

"Oh i think you are still under the effect of the medication"the nurse replied and giggled.

"Let me refresh your mind.You have been under medication for a while so as the percentage success of your insemination would be high which the latter has just been carried out."

On hearing the word insemination my eyes widen like saucers.What is happening here!I have never planned to get that done.

"This is a mistake.I never asked to do that.I just remember losing consciousness at work."i retorted while trying to sit up again but the nurse did not let me."

"Wait if you stay still,i will look for your doctor and the he will explain everything for you."the nurse proposed and i nodded my head.

Then the nurse left the room.I was numbed.Having a baby was not a current priority for me.How can i look after a baby when i could not even look properly after myself.

Lost in my thoughts i did not hear the door opening and Mr Kace and a doctor entered the room.

"Good afternoon Miss Quinton as you know you have been inseminated and this is the copy of the authorisation form which you requested.Now you are allowed to move but you should take some precautions like you must watch what you eat,do not stress and do not partake in tremendous exercises.You will have an appointment in the next few weeks to verify if the procedure has been successful. "the doctor said and quickly excused himself as he was called for an emergency.

I took the paper that he placed on the table and read it when i got the shock of my life.There were two signatures on the form,one of mine which i do not know how it got here and the other was of someone i never expected to,Mr Ezra Kace which is something becoming too frequent.