Chapter 2

Finally i completed my work. I do not know how many times i had to start again due to a certain someone invading my thoughts resulting in my lack of concentration and being a perfectionist so not make my task easier. 

And guess who is at fault Mr conceited. I keep on replaying that particular scene of  meeting that man in my head like a broken cassette tape which was a week ago. I do not feel too confident now rethinking about. Mr Kace is a shrewd man and i know he will be planning something. Though i am anticipating his next move, i know he is difficult man to deal with having a lot of hidden cards in his hands.

Thankfully he has not yet contacted and i hope that he will not do so. Just hoping but i know that is not the case. He will be retaliating soon. Maybe sooner that i thought.

"Oh Claire stop thinking about him or else you will be getting sick." i said to myself.

I tidied my desk and then took my personal belongings with me. It is high time that i eat lunch though it is really past lunch time or else i will end up in a hospital bed.

I took off and told Eva that she could leave earlier for today as i do not feel like i would come back to work. I am too exhausted physically and mentally for that due to that infuriating man.

Eva took her things and we left together taking the elevator down the building. We separated our ways in the lobby and i bid Eva farewell. 

I decided to eat at the new cafe that everyone is hyping about its great food and atmosphere. This tummy needs to be fed.

"Hi. May i take your order please." a waiter asked me.

"I would like an iced tea and a chicken sandwich please. Thank you."i replied merrily to him.

Few minutes later i got my drink and i observed my surrounding while drinking it. The cafe was quite cozy with many natural plants and flowers adoring it. I always loved nature and i think i would become a regular customer here. Just hope that food is equally at the level of the atmosphere.

Wait a minute! I cried out internally and hope that i did not spill my drink with my sudden action.

My eyes globes could bulge out from my eyes by just noticing that conceited mister sitting leisurely on the other side of the cafe.

Oh God please make sure that he does not see me. I quickly hid myself between the tall plant wishing they were enough to conceal my being.

But with just my luck, it was too late.

 His blue eyes landed on me and i quickly closed mine trying to erase his presence in my mind.

When i reopened them he was still staring at me with his signature smirk that i become to know really well. How i wish i could to wipe that smirked off his face.

Oh no! Case closed. I am finished. He is coming toward me and took the seat in front.

Who said he could sit at my table. Arrogant man. So infuriating.

Ouf Claire! Stop thinking of his arrogance. You just fell in his mouse trap. 

Someone like him do not visit demure establishment like this cafe. He was expecting me. But how did he knew i would be here.

"Fancy seeing you here Miss Quinton" he greeted.

I just angrily looked at him. He has already spoiled my mood and i just want to slap him so hard wiping his existance.

"Now you are not being rude by not responding to my greetings."

"You know what is rude, it is threatening and insulting people in their office and stalking on them." i replied furiously. I am sure you could see white fumes coming from my ears.

"It seems that the cat got her tongue back." he mocked me and i clenched my fists. 

Ready to retort back, he interrupted me.

"Shut..."

"If i were you i would watch that tongue of yours carefully." he said putting emphassis on every word.

"I think you had enough time to ponder about my offer Miss Quinton"

I knew it! This is not a coincidence that i met him here.

"What do you really want Mr Kace."i asked him straight to the point.

"I want you to work with me. It is that simple." he replied with an air nonchalance leaning back into his seat.

"What certitude do i have that this is the truth. You are a shrewd man Mr Kace. I do not trust you"

He then signaled a man dressed in a suit who brought some papers with him and placed them in front of me.

"This is the copy of the contract. If you still do not trust me, keep it. I could even accommodate some of your specification if you want to show you my sincerity"

Sincerity, my foot. I know best not to believe him.

Still i took the paper to have a look. If he wants to play, i could beat him at his game.

"You have the weekend to review it and if you want any amendment,  we can discuss about it later."

A minute of silence passes with both of us not wanting to lose eye contact passing an unspoken message not wanting to give up.

I could lose myself in the sea of his blue eyes and finally Mr Kace broke the contact. He got up to leave.

"I will be waiting for you in my office Miss Quinton." 

He left while i stared at him. Oh my god! He has a spectacular backside with his pants highlighting his assets. I am sure he do work out extremely often. 

I felt the same shiver went through me as i recalled when he mentioned my name specifically my surname. What would happen if he said my actual name. 

Stop it Claire, you have to reset your mind right. Though it will be quite difficult with what had just transpired between us and having seen that view.

What is his man doing to me.

Ouf!

With all that my sandwich was long forgotten.