00:36

Melissa

"Babe", I felt someone say as I was applying mascara on my eyelashes.

"What?"

I looked at the bathroom door and saw Chance leaning on the door frame with a smile on his face.

"What is going on?" I asked getting suspicious.

"Nothing, you just look beautiful today. Well, you always do but today you're looking more than usual", he said looking at me.

I closed the mascara tube and turned around wrapping my arms around his neck, his arms automatically around my waist.

"Why are you so cute?" I asked with a smile now on my face.

He lifted me up from the floor and laid us on his bed with his body on top of mine, being careful not to crush me.

"You make me be this way. You're beautiful, I like reminding you that everyday. And -fuck, I love you so much"

"I love you so damn much", he leaned in for a kiss and i lifted my head so I could meet his lips halfway.

The kiss wasn't rushed, it was slow and passionate and filled with 12 year old giggles. All I felt in that moment was pure and innocent love and I wasn't mad about it.

"As much as I want to lay here all day talking and kissing you, we have to go back downstairs. We don't want to be late, do we?" he said standing up taking my hands in his to help me get up.

"Be late where?" I asked him as I grabbed my phone and bag and walked downstairs with him where -his- mom was.

"Hey mom, can I take the car today?" Chance asked taking the car keys and ignoring my question.

"Where are you guys going?" She asked, since I didn't know I just waited for Chance to answer.

"I'm taking her you know where", wow, too much information.

"Oh, OH. You already have the stuff?"

"Yeah, it's already in the car"

I couldn't be more confused.

"Well, have fun then guys", she said kissing our cheeks and bid us good bye.

We walked out of the house and got inside the car.

"I'll let you put music", he said giving me the aux cord.

"What an honor", I laughed rolling back my eyes.

"Put on your seatbelt, please" he said as he did the same and then started the car driving away from his childhood home.

"Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise, babe", he placed his right hand on my thigh, caressing it with his thumb.

"It's a surprise, babe", I said trying to mimic his voice.

We were in the car for more than an hour singing tbt songs- Rihanna, Hannah Montana, High School Musical and more, like the trusty and mature 20 year olds that we are.

"We've arrived to our destination", he said as he parked on a beautiful open field.

"Is this where you kill me?" I asked as I got out of the car.

"Not yet, maybe after we eat", he said showing me a picnic basket and some picnic blankets.

"We're having a picnic?"

"Yeah, you once said you loved having picnics when you were younger but you didn't know where to have one in California so I thought this was the perfect place to have one", he said making my heart skip a beat.

We both started laying the blankets down on the grass so we could lay down and he then opened the basket taking out different sizes of tupperware with different food inside.

"I hope you like the food, I made almost everything in here", he cockily said handing me a sandwich.

"I'm sure you did", I said grabbing a boxed pink lemonade.

"Well, grandma may have helped me a bit"

"That's more believable", I said finishing the sandwich. "How did you find this place?"

"I used to come here all the time with my family when I was a kid, i used to come also to relax before I moved to LA"

"So this is your special place?"

"Yeah, I think it is", he smiled to himself.

"That's nice"

"What? Having a special place?" He asked laying his head on my legs, I immediately started playing with his hair which was quite long now.

"Yeah"

"You don't have one?"

"Well, I do have one back in Colombia"

"You miss it there?"

"Yeah, kind of"

"We should go visit, then"

"You'd come with me to Colombia? Really?" I had the biggest smile on my face.

"Yeah, why not? You always speak so greatly about it and your mom showed me photo albums of some islands. It looks really pretty, so why don't we go?"

We spent a couple of hours more planning this trip and talking nonsense before it got dark out and we decided to drive back to his place.

It was a great day.

_________
Word count: 813
I'm on holiday with my family and I don't have wifi here and barely any signal so...

SOTD: Gold - Kiiara

-M