00:06

Melissa

I'm currently in the plane, the pilot said we'd be landing shortly. I didn't fly back the day after the runway as I said I was probably going to, it's five days after. Modeling for Vera Wang really opened more doors for me, so this summer will be filled up with more runways, photoshoots, promotions, Melissa Ruiz x Colourpop collection, and my manager is thinking of creating my own gym clothing brand.

This year is my year, I can feel it.

After landing and picking up my luggage, it is 10:24am LA time. As I'm leaving the airport I see a quite big group of people with my name in a little sign, Team 10 came to pick me up. I was smiling so big that my cheeks were already hurting. I didn't even tell them I was arriving today, I only told Chance...

"I know you wanted to surprise everyone but I thought 'Hey, why not surprise her?' " he whispered to me opening his arms to embrace me in a bone crushing hug and kissing my forehead.

You know those kinds of hugs where you don't want the person to ever let you go because you just feel peaceful? That's what I was feeling in that exact moment.

"Okay Chance leave her alone" Tessa shooed him away and then hugged me. "I'm still mad that you didn't tell me but you told Chance. But it doesn't matter because I missed you so much"

"I missed you too, Tess. And it was only a week."

"I know we weren't in touch for more than two years straight, but hell did I miss you this past week. I'm really proud of what you've accomplished this far". Jake was now hugging me, and when he told me those words my eyes watered.

He was such a good friend. Everyone in team 10 is amazing, honestly. When you are in this industry, not everyone who says they want to be your friend really mean it. Most of them want to hang out with you just because of the fame or the money and not because of who you are as a person. I really appreciate everyone, they all are really kind and great people and I'm sad I haven't met them earlier in time but still grateful I do now.

"Wait, why are you crying?", a concerned Jake asked me as he wiped my tears with his thumbs.

"I'm just really happy I have all you guys in my life", I said sniffing a little.

"Awww, you're just too cute to handle," Tristan said as he hugged me, just before everyone got together for a group hug.

****

Tomorrow is Tessa's 18th birthday and I was with Jake in the grove helping him pick her birthday present.

"I told you she likes white shoes. Why don't you just buy her those adidas? I don't think she'd like those neon pink ones." I argued with him.

"She has way too many white ones. I think he'd like the pink ones" He argued back.

He kept on stating facts on why Tessa wouldn't like the white ones and really love the neon ones. He is so stubborn. I rolled my eyes and took my phone out as I felt it ding. It was Chance.

Smiling I placed my thumb on the ID thingy so it could unlock for me to read and answer Chance's text.

Sutton:

Looking beautiful as always.

Me:

How would you know? We haven't seen each other today.

Sutton:

I don't need to see you to know that you look beautiful.

I blushed and squealed like a little girl making Jake look at me strange.

Sutton:

Also, Jake posted a picture of you on his Snapchat.

Of course he did.

Sutton:

But still, you look beautiful.

Me:

Well, thank you Chance.

Sutton:

It's a pleasure.

Hey, what time are you getting here? 

We still have to organize everything for tomorrow morning.

"Jake, Chance is asking at what time are we leaving? He says that we still need to finish the decoration and everything for Tessa's breakfast" I asked him once we left the store with the shoes he bought for the birthday girl.

"Tell lover boy that we should be there in half an hour and that we will pick up the cake too".

"Ha ha, so funny"

"No but really, tell him that we are leaving now".

Tonight was going to be exhausting, me and Erika were helping the guys decorate the kitchen and once Tessa falls asleep, we will decorate her bedroom trying not to wake her up so when she does, the birthday celebration starts.

_______________________

Word count: 776

I'm obsessed with Khalid and Jorja Smith.

PS: 370+ reads OMGGGG

-M