Part 19 - The Sire Link

All 3 of us went for a walk together and I explained the situation between myself and Kai, and how my memory had been wiped. "So yes I can't remember anything from before then" I shrugged my shoulders. "Which makes it very difficult for me. As I have to make it happen all over again, and since she is pretty stubborn it is a very hard thing to do" Kai glared at me. "That's quite some story you guys have there" Freya looked shocked at everything. "I can see that there is still some kind of chemistry, but I'm afraid I can't help you get them back. Only the person who made you forget can, and I'm guessing that would be Klaus" Freya said as her phone began to ring. "Sorry, I must get this" she replied. "Sure" I nodded politely. "What is it with this family and their technology" Kai rolled his eyes in frustration as his phone dinged. "Mhmm" I smirked at him. "That wasn't me" he shrugged innocently. "Yeah of course not" I laughed at him. "Sorry I have to go. Family matters. It was nice meeting you both" Freya said before rushing off. "And then there were 2" Kai smirked jokingly. "Don't even try it"

As we had plenty of time I decided to show Kai around New Orleans. I took him to the local pub and showed him a few of my favourite places, that was until I started having a sharp pain run up through my arms. "I don't feel so good" I managed to say before falling weakly to the floor. "Rosaline?" Kai panicked as I grabbed his shirt. "What is happening to me?" I rolled up my sleeves to reveal my arms turning a dark red colour and my veins almost popping out of my skin. Kai held me in his arms and tried using his powers to help me, but nothing would work. "Ahh" I screamed in agony and began to lose my breath. It felt as if I was dying all over again. "Rose, I.. I don't know what to do. Nothing is working" Kai looked shocked and held me tightly. "Help me" I choked and just as I thought I could feel my last breath slipping away, I felt ok again. I took in a deep breath before looking at Kai. "What the hell just happened to me?" I panicked. Kai cleared his throat and pretended to act normal again. "I'm fine. Thanks for asking" I nodded to him. "We need to find Klaus"