Part 8 - EXCUSE ME?

After driving for what seemed like forever with Kai in silence, I decided to finally break the ice. "So where are you taking me exactly?" I asked but was given no reply. "A dungeon? Hell? No? Well never mind then because I'm clearly already there" I chuckled to myself as we finally pulled up outside... the Mystic Grill. "You know we're not supposed to be in this part of town it's against the rules" I explained to him. "And that Rose, is why I don't play by the rules, instead I make up my own. Now come on out of the car" he ordered as he opened my door for me. "Oh my, such a gentleman" I pretended to be thankful for his kindness. "A simple thank you would have been fine. Now let's go, come on" He nodded his head towards the Mystic Grill's boarded up door. "Ok, ok I'm coming no need to rush me, It's not like I have the option to run with these stupid things on" I said as I looked down at my hands which were chained up with magical restraints. "If you would have just come quietly then we wouldn't be in this situation now, would we?" he smirked as he ripped apart the wooden door to the Grill.

I followed Kai inside until he suddenly stopped walking and made me accidentally bump into him. "Oops, sorry" I said quickly as I took in the new sights of the Mystic Grill. All the windows were smashed and roughly boarded up with wooden planks, the chairs were sat upon the tables with spider webs and dust growing all over them, and the bar... well that was the only thing that looked exactly the same, as if someone had been here moments before. "Did you have this all planned out or something?" I asked. "It's looking rather... organised" Kai laughed slightly. "Let's just say I pulled a few strings to get us to where we are" he smiled at me and looked around as if he was looking for someone."Lily?" Kai called out. I looked at him with confusion and started to look around once again. Suddenly, I saw a dark figure come from behind the bar and into the light. "Mother? What are you doing here?" I questioned her presence. "It's lovely to see you too my dear Rosaline" she smiled innocently. She looked down at my hands which were still cuffed and looked over at Kai. "She is no prisoner. This is my daughter, uncuff her at once" she demanded. "She didn't exactly come willingly" Kai did as he was told and uncuffed me, relieving my hands from the horrible restraint they were once in.

"So what is this exactly? Kidnapping your own daughter, really mother?" I had many question and not nearly as enough time for them to be answered. "Sweet heart this is no kidnapping. Your brother's took something very special away from Kai, and as it happens I owe him a favour" Lily explained whilst smiling at Kai. "Oh you do now? And what exactly did Kai here do for you? Steal blood bags for you?" I laughed at them both and got a glare from Kai himself. "His kind soul helped my family out of that torture they were having inside the prison world, and for that I am very grateful" Lily nodded towards him with the same smile wiped all over her face. "And what am I your thank you gift? Please" I crossed my arms in disgust. "No of course not. You are my daughter, not an object" Lily looked at me with such horror in her eyes. "Oh please don't look at me like you've never used one of your children before" I shook my head at her. "Rose" Kai looked at me with shock. "What? Don't look at me like that. It's not like you were a big mummy's boy either" Kai's face dropped and turned red full of anger at what I had just said as if it had hurt him. "Kai, remember this isn't the Rosaline you fell in love with, she's different now" my mother reassured him. "Excuse me?"