Part 14 - Bipolar Effects

"My Brothers knew about this?" I asked curiously as I took a seat. "No that can't be true" I shook my head at him. Elijah walked closer to me with a look of confusion on his face. "You didn't have any idea, did you?" I shook my head in response before seeing him look distraught. "If you want to help me. You can help me find and protect Stefan" I barged past Elijah and walked out of the door to see a familiar face. "Kai" I stopped in my tracks. I heard the door open slowly from behind me. "I knew you wouldn't stay, so I asked the only person I knew who wouldn't let harm get to you for help" Elijah explained. I looked back over at Kai to see his reaction and saw him nod slightly. "It's true" Kai explained. "And in exchange, I would... wipe his memory of you" Elijah added. "Wait... what? Why would you want that?" I yelled at Kai. Kai stayed silent whilst trying not to get angry. "Well... I demand an answer" "Because I can't live another day loving you if you don't love me back" Kai yelled back at me.

Suddenly, the room was filled with silence as we all took in what was said. "Just imagine it this way. Imagine Damon or Stefan forgetting who you were, but you remembering everything. Every laugh, every cry, every moment, every memory" Kai began to explain. "Imagine feeling completely empty inside, and the only emotion you can feel is sadness" he continued. I felt a slight tear in my eye as I took in everything Kai was saying, and it made me feel almost as sad as he looked. "But hey lets not dwell on the past" he smiled slightly which got me all kinds of confused. "You confuse me sometimes" I shook my head at him. "Well that's why you liked me, but then again everyone likes me" he smirks at Elijah. "Yeah ok let's calm down before your ego gets too big for your body" I rolled my eyes at him and went to walk past him until he blocked me off. "Sorry house rules say you should stay indoors at all times" he smiled widely. "Since when did you play by the rules?" "True" he nodded.

"So where are we going?" "We are going to New Orleans, but you... you're staying here" Elijah explained. "Sorry but if I needed your permission I would have asked for it" Kai smirked at Elijah whilst waving his hand snapping Elijah's neck. "Kai what the hell" I yelled. "Oh come on. He's fine. He will wake up... eventually" he replied as he nudged Elijah's body. I signed at Kai before leaving the house. "I'm going to save my brother... and you... you can do whatever" I smiled sarcastically. "And how are you planning to get to him. Walking? Running? You can probably make it to him... erm... tomorrow when he's 6ft under" Kai waved his keys in the air and began whistling. "Fine" I rolled my eyes and got into his car. "Head towards New Orleans. It's time to catch up with an old friend"