Part 16 - A Brother In Need

Klaus and myself ran as fast as our vampire legs could take us towards the forest, whilst I left Kai with Davina for his own safety. "And what are we looking for exactly?" I asked curiously looking around. "Shh" Klaus ordered. "If you make any more noise I won't be able to hear her at all and your brother will be as good as dead" Klaus explained. "Yes sir" I saluted him jokingly which gained me a glare from Klaus. We both looked around before we could suddenly smell blood. "You smell that?" I asked him. "This way" Klaus replied. "Klaus there" I pointed to 2 figures. We ran over to them and Klaus being quicker grabbed a bar from Stefan's truck and smacked Rayna as hard as he could in the head. "Stefan" I smiled as he got back onto his feet. He hugged me tightly before seeing Klaus stood behind me. "What are you doing here?" Stefan asked him. "The right thing...I hope. She's dead for now but we need to go" Klaus replied as we all looked over at her lifeless body. "For now? What? Is she a cat or something?" I questioned. "Something like that" "We need to grab her before she comes back to life" Stefan began to walk over to her body. "Well I'm not planning on sticking around for her to wake up so let's just leave her and get out of here" I grabbed Stefan's arm. "She's right and Stefan, you are trespassing on dangerous grounds, trust me" Klaus nodded towards the trees. "This is werewolf territory. Let's go" Klaus said before vanishing off into thin air. "We need to get her body before she wakes up come on" Stefan repeated himself. "Stefan" someone raised their voice behind us both. "By all means put yourself in danger but not your sister" Kai stood next to me and smiled. "You're meant to be with Davina" I crossed my arms at him. Stefan looked at me and then back at Rayna's body. "Come on. Let's go" he nodded in agreement with Kai.

We left the forest and managed to find a road once again, where Klaus was waiting in his car and Kai's car was parked behind. As we all began walking over to Klaus' car, Stefan stopped in his tracks. "Look you need to go with Kai" Stefan looked down at me. "Don't be stupid. I'm coming with you" I laughed and opened Klaus' car door just for it to be shut again by Stefan. "Rose, please. It's for you own safety. She is going to come after me and she will never stop" he tried to explain. "Not until you're dead at least" Kai added making me glare at him. "Right, sorry" he signed. "As much as I hate to say this, he's right. She won't stop not until I'm dead or at least until she runs out of lives" Stefan explained further. "But Stefan I almost lost you today and I can't take that chance again" I begged him to let me go with them. "Look if something was to happen to you, I would never forgive myself Rose. What would happen if you got marked too huh? Then we would both be dead" he continued. "As much as I love where this conversation is going, i'm pretty sure she is going to wake up any time soon. So let's go Rose" Kai smiled innocently and grabbed my arms. "Take care of her" Stefan got into the car and put his window down. "And for the record I'm sorry for what I did to you" he nodded towards Kai who was holding me back with his magic. "Stefan" I screamed as they drove off into the darkness.