Part 9 - The Hostage Situation

"I'm afraid you must have the wrong Rosaline" I laughed at them. "Now if you don't mind I have better things I could be doing right now" I smiled and made my way towards the exit. "I told you it was hopeless" Kai shrugged and let me walk past him. Suddenly, there was a gush of wind right in front of me and I just knew someone would stop me from leaving. "Of course you have your new family here too" I signed at the sight of one of the heretics. "I'm sorry Rose, but I can't let you leave darling. Not yet" my mother said. "Oh and here we go again with the whole hostage situation. I'm supposed to be your daughter for crying out loud, not these people" I waved my hands around in anger.

"Just remember our deal, Rose" Kai interrupted me. "Yeah, yeah whatever. You get what you want and we get Elena back" I rolled my eyes and sat on a dusty, old chair. "Wait... you told her they'd get Elena back?" Lily looked angrily at Kai as If he needed permission to make such a deal. "Sorry, am I missing something here? Are we getting Elena back or not? Because If not then I don't know what I'm doing here" I questioned them both. "No" "Yes" they both said at the same time. "Ok you guys clearly have some talking to do, so i'll just wait outside" I walked towards the door once again, but was grabbed by the neck by one of my mothers new family members. "Guess not" I choked slightly at their grip on my neck. "Stop hurting her" Kai started using his magic against them as he moved closer to me. Their grip got weaker and weaker until I was finally free. Kai stood in front of me as If he was trying to protect me from harm. Another heretic went for Kai and once again he stopped them too. "Stop" Lily shouted at everyone. "There is no need for this... war. We are on the same side here. Kai saved you all from hell and the rest of you are family, just remember that" she explained as Kai stopped his spells and the rest of them calmed down too. "We are leaving" Kai glared across the room and nodded me to walk towards the door.

We left the Mystic Grill and went to Kai's car. "Get in" he ordered as he opened the passenger door. I did as I was told and waited for him to get in too. "Seat belt" "Wow ok, ok" I whispered and put it on. He started to drive when I realised I didn't have the chains on. I held my hands together and waited for him to chain them together once again, but this time he didn't. "What are you doing? Put your arms down, it's distracting" I looked at him confused and slowly lowered my arms. "No chains this time?" I asked curiously as he pulled up outside some woods. "You're not a hostage anymore. Go on" He opened up my door. "Seriously?" I asked with confusion. He hadn't even got what he wanted, had he? "Yes, go before I change my mind" he nodded without looking at me. I got out of the car and looked both ways before walking away from my old home town. I saw Kai's car speeding past me and before I knew it I could no longer see his car.

Roughly 10 minutes later, I saw a car racing back down the hill and do a U turn before pulling up next to me. "Ugh, why do I care about you so much. Come on, get in" Kai's familiar voice said softly. "I think I will walk thanks. I've got this far in however long ago it was since you were last here" I smiled sarcastically. "If I wanted to hurt you, I would have done it by now. Heck I saved your life at The Grill" he replied honestly. "True. Fine I will get in, but you have to take me straight home and then you can come back to your weird life once again" "Deal" he opened the passenger door from inside the car. "This doesn't mean I forgive you for taking me in the first place" I looked out the window as he continued to drive. "Never thought you would" "So back there, in The Mystic Grill, why did you protect me as such?" I asked curiously waiting for a reply. I heard him take a deep breath before replying. "You wouldn't believe me even if I told you" he smirked slightly. "Oh really... Vampires, Witches and Werewolves exist. Right now I can believe anything" I laughed. "Well.. you and I we used to be..." he began.