Part 17 - Just a Scratch

I shook myself loose from Kai's grip and turned to face him. I had nothing to say to him. "It's time to get out of this place" he smiled and opened the car door for me. I shook my head at him before getting into the car. Just as I was about to slam the door shut, Kai looked down at me with wide eyes. "Rose" he whispered. A sudden urge of panic came over me as I saw his body fall in slow motion to the floor as if it were a rag doll. "Oh my god Kai" I dropped to my knees next to him. I examined his body quickly and saw blood coming from his chest. "No, no, no, no" I panicked and put my hands on his chest to try and stop the bleeding. "Rose, it's ok" he held my hand. "He will be fine. Stop being so dramatic" I heard Enzo's familiar voice from behind. "What the hell did you do?" I pushed him. "Calm down dear. It's just a scratch" "Just a scratch? I will give you just a scratch" I stormed over to him. "You can do that or you can help me get him in the car before the she-devil wakes up, if she isn't awake already" Enzo shrugged. I looked over at Kai's body and then back at Enzo. "Fine. But this isn't over" I glared before helping him get Kai into the back seat.

After we had been driving for what had seemed like forever, Kai had finally woke up. "Hey sleepy head" I smiled. He looked at me confused before trying to sit up. "Take it easy. You were out for a couple of hours" I slowly helped him sit up. "What happened?" he blinked a few times to get his vision back. I looked over at Enzo before replying. "He shot you with a tranquilizer" "Right, of course he did. And where is he taking us exactly?" Kai questioned. "New Orleans" Enzo pulled over at the entrance of the Mikaelson house. He got out of the car and was greeted by Elijah. "Thank you Enzo. I will take it from here" Elijah nodded and handed something to Enzo. "Stay here" I turned to Kai and got out of the car. "Elijah" "Rosaline" he smiled widely. "Kai" he glared into the back of the car. "This was your doing I presume?" I asked Elijah and he nodded. Suddenly, out of nowhere Elijah's phone began to ring. "Aren't you going to get that?" Kai asked as he got out of the car. "It's kind of an annoying tone ringing in my eye" he added as Elijah answered his phone. "I need to get this" "Feel free. We will wait inside" I replied.