Chapter II; The Start

Start from the beginning

"Yeah right, Vani." He snickered, waving the ravenette off over his shoulder. "You should be thankful that round didn't get a chance to start. I would have wiped the floor with you." The ravenette caught up with the blonde and began walking beside him.

"In your dreams." The ravenette said, shoving the blonde's arm in a playful manner. The blonde smirked at him and returned the shove.

"You're just jealous." The blonde said.

"What? Over a newbie like you?" The ravenette asked. "You're just lucky the old coot had room for you in his plans." He continued. He smirked at the blonde beside him, expecting him to give up at that point.

"Had room?" The blonde asked, rolling his eyes yet again. "I'm the reason this plan will actually work." He said. The ravenette only frowned at him, a glare forming in his yellow eyes. The blonde shrugged it off. "But who cares? You know anything about this Land of Departure place?"

"No, not the place really. Know a few things about the people." The ravenette replied. The blonde nodded.

"Let's see what it's like then." He said smirking.

*<3*

Y stood in her room, staring at the small plush in her hands. Her room was messy and disorganized. Her desk had several different stacks of paper on it as well as a few books from the library that she should probably put back. The bookshelves above her bed had hardly any books. What books were there weren't straight at all, some were even laying on their side. There were various knick-knacks on the shelves as well, taking up most of the room meant for books.

The plush in her hand resembled a cat. It was grey with black stripes and had white paws, muzzle, and belly. Its ears were black and its eyes were blue. It wore a cape and had a pouch on its front. On its back was a strange pink heart like symbol.

"Hey Y, Aqua said the guest just showed up." Y jumped a little and turned towards the door. Ven was looking at her with clear concern. "You ok?" He asked.

"Fine, just thinking about something." Y replied. Ven looked at her quizzically.

"Oh, you've been thinking a lot recently." He said. Y nodded looking back down to the plush in her hand. Ven watched her for a minute before speaking again. "Where did you get that?" He asked. Y smiled a little.

"My brother gave it to me when we turned ten. He said it would keep away nightmares." She said fondly. Ven blinked in surprise.

"I didn't know you had a brother," Ven said. Y looked at him in thought. She thought she had mentioned it before, but it was possible she hadn't. It was always a difficult topic for her. Leaving him behind had been the hardest part of coming to the Land of Departure. But of course, he had been the one to insist she go with Master Eraqus.

"I guess I never mentioned it." Y said with a shrug. "I'll be down in a minute." She said, addressing the reason Ven had stopped by in the first place. Ven nodded and left. Y sighed setting the plush down and turning to her desk. She had a report she was supposed to do for Master Eraqus half finished. She was supposed to turn it in the next day, but she doubted she'd have it finished by then.

"Tick tock, you're running out of time." A voice said. Y jumped turning to see who had said that. It didn't sound like anyone from the Land of Departure.