Chapter 25, 57th expedition

Y/N POV

"The 57th Expedition Outside the Walls starts NOW!" Erwin shouted authoritatively to us, charging forward on his horse as we followed. I was with the Levi squad, which consisted of; Eren, Petra, Oluo, Eld, Gunther and of course Levi himself.

"Oh." I said as we left the gate, looking around all I could see was fields of grass all around. "Well this is kinda boring."

"WHAT?!" Eren screamed smiling "this is amazing!"

"Well if you like grass then sure it's great." I replied, he just looked at me annoyed and turned back to gazing to the scenery.

"SPLIT INTO FORMATION NOW!" Erwin ordered, the horses all split up and I looked back, just making out Olivia jumping and waving on the edge of the wall. I smiled and waved back watching as she slowly got smaller and smaller. She's exceptionally skilled in all aspects of training, but she is rather young to go. They said next time for sure.

Flashback

"Imma train so hard, when you get back, I'll have a 12 pack!" Olivia screamed and started doing laps round the field.

Flashback end

I smiled at the thought and concentrated on the path ahead.

"Did you hear any of that
Y/N?" Levi asked annoyed.

"Er yes!"

"What did I say?"

"You said... wait, wait..." I said trailing off.

"Well?"

"Yeah I dunno."

"Tch, What I said was, Eren is our mission, we must protect him at all costs, even if that means our life's, Eren is the most person important here, got it?"

"Yeah, yeah I got it, I would've protected Eren with my life anyway!"

"Same for you N/N." Eren said smiling sweetly and winking.

"Tch shut up loverbirds." Oluo said making fake gagging noises.

"Oh be quite Oluo we all know 'whisper' and Y/N like each other!" Petra giggled. Oluo nodded laughing along.

"Like you guys can talk." I mumbled.

"Me and him/her!, no way." They both shouted embarrassed, with blushes across their checks.

"That is adorable!" I squealed sarcastically and carried on riding.

"Red smoke, Eren signal the flare." Levi said bluntly.

"Yes sir." Eren said fumbling to get his flare out,(that sounds weird pha ha) he got it and shot it in the air. We later saw green smoke and we changed corse.

This went on for a while until we got to some woods, the tall trees getting bigger as we approached them.

Suddenly a Titan came rushing out of the woods directly for us, it didn't look like it was stopping.

"Y/-."

"On it." I said switching to 3dmg and going towards the Titan. I whipped past it head and attached a hook onto its neck, then whizzed back towards its neck and sliced it. Landing back on my horse and we carried on riding.

"Sir are we going through the trees?" Petra asked.

"Yes." Was all the response she got as we charged forward.

Everyone looked around the trees and I listened for Titans. I closed my eyes as a almost electric shock went through my body. I could suddenly feel the titans, how they are running, what class they were. But one Titan. One Titan stood out the most to me, I could feel it's determination, it's desperate need to get somewhere, to get someone. I could feel every breathe it took, every step it ran every. Every thought, and the reoccurring thought was.

"Eren." I mumbled, then it clicked. "EREN WE NEED TO GET YOU OUTTA HERE!"

"What?!"

"A Titan, coming from the right, it's gaining on us, fast, it's bound to catch up soon, it's coming to get you Eren, I can hear it's-no her thoughts." I said quickly, I caught Levi's eye and he nodded seeing truth and worry for Eren in my eyes.

"Get out your swords, everyone be on high alert."

"Y/N." Eren whispered, "Your eyes, they are red."

"Okay." I squeezed them shut and opened them again. "What about now."

"Still red." He whispered.

"Oh well." I said trying to act calm, I have always been able to control when it stops. 

"Stop chattering and stay focused." Oulo said huffing and bit his tongue. I rolled my eyes and continued forwards. I could feel her getting closer. Her determination more fierce. She was...

"SHES HERE!" I shouted as a Titan, who appeared female, burst through the trees at an alarming speed. We all surged on, pushing our horses to their limit.

"Ah, the support squad are here they'll take care of her." Eld said confidently. I looked back to see her slam her shoulders into one of the soldiers onto a tree. Blood dripping down the truck like a waterfall and his body. Falling, twisting and turning as he fell to his death. The next went for the kill but in the end, it was the same fate. They both died. And that's that.

"I could've helped them, I could've saved them." Eren mumbled looking towards his thumb. His eyes shone with hurt tears and he raised his hand to his mouth.

"Eren stop!" Petra pleaded, from behind on her horse. "Trust us please Eren, trust us."

Eren looked at the Titan again who was now gaining even more distance and looked at his shaking hand, his expression conflicted.

"Do it Eren, change into a Titan, it's your choice." Levi said blandly. "But if you do turn into a Titan, will you have regrets?, if no, then go ahead please do turn into a Titan, can you control it? Who knows, that's your risk. But if you will have regrets, then I would advice not to."

Eren nodded and went to bite his hand.

"Eren please." I found myself saying. "Please don't do it."

He stopped and turned around to see me looking at him sadly.

"You don't need to save us all the time, let us save you Eren." Tears welled up in Erens eyes as he slowly started to lower his shaking hand.

"Okay, I'll trust you guys, I'll trust the Levi squad."

PHA HA WOW I AM A BAD PERSON! SORRY FOR SUCH A LATE UPDATE I LOST INSPIRATION FOR A BIT AND I HAVE JUST BROKE UP FOR THE SUMMER HOLIDAYS SO LOTS OF CHAPTERS TO COME!!!!! OKAY BAIIIIII SEE YOU NEXT TIME- author-chan