Chapter 4, Apples!

Y/N POV

As I left the house I made sure to close the rotting wooden door behind me. I hope we never have to go back there again, ever.

"Hey, auntie, I sure am hungry" Olivia stated as her belly rumbled, "When are we having breakfast?"

"We'll have it when we reach the shops, your majesty." I spoke bowing down.

She giggled and jumped on my back.

"ONWARDDDDDDDD MY TRUSTY STEED!" She screamed and kicked my sides. And I sat down frowning.

"Can't breathe 'giggle' need air." She laughed breathlessly.

Her smile beamed like the sun in this dark place. Her smile gave me hope for a better future, for a better life.

"Here we are." I announced I put Olivia on the floor. She grabbed my hand out of habit and trudged forward. I saw her eyes light up as they landed upon an apple. She looked up at me with pleading eyes. I nodded towards the apple to make sure she wanted that and she nodded back, vigorously her eyes shinning with hunger.

I winked and she blinked back, I smiled, she can't wink yet it's so sweet. She knew what to do-

"Excuse me mister." She said in an adorable voice.

"Yeah, little one." said the man behind the stall.

She turned on the water works, "I-I fell over and I-I," she stuttered wiping her tears.

"Oh, it's okay, come round here let me have a look." Said the man flashing her a warm welcoming smile.

"Okay, mister, your awful nice sir." She said plodding round the stall.

This is where I come in. I walk past the stall and snatch 3 apples putting them carefully in my bag. I coughed telling her I had taken them and carried on walking.

"Why, thank you sir, I best be on my way now, I feel much better all ready, see you." She said kissing the mans cheek. He smiled and waved goodbye. She waved back and ran over to me.

"How's the leg." I sniggered.

"Perfect my friend." She giggled and fished for the apple in my bag.

"Wow, you got 3"

"Yeah, just incase we get hungry."

"Good thinking."

"Why, thank you my dear." I said mockingly giving her a cheeky wink, she playfully punched my arm while taking a bite of her apple...

I froze-

"What's up, auntie."

"Nothing." I said but she knew something was up...

Someone is following us, I can feel it, their eyes burning through my skull, making me, desperately want to turn to see who they belonged to, but I didn't want to give the game away.

As we passed an alley way, I saw another following us-

"Auntie, someone is looking straight at us, with a green cloak, it looks like the have the same 3dmgthingy as us." Whispered Olivia, I nodded indicating I already knew. I looked to the roof with my eyes, showing her there was another on the roof and I moved her hand backwards showing her there are also some behind.

"They all have it, the 3dmg, they were the ones following us yesterday, I thought there was only one, I should've know there would at least be 3 but 4,"I smirked,
"Am I that threatening."

"Yeah, you are, you go faster than lightning." Olivia whispered beaming with admiration and pride in her eyes.

I smiled, right I've got a plan I hope this works, so if I'm correct there are two behind me. One in front and one above, if it all goes as I planned, we should be out of here in no time, although I'm guessing they brought the best of the best to catch me, not that I'm bragging but I know the scouts like to be careful. I bet one of them knows the underground just as well as me-

"HEY-"I screamed, "DID U JUST TOUCH MY ASS DIPSHIT!"

"What?, no I-" he said

Some random man stepped out. "DO YOU HAVE NO RESPECT FOR WOMEN." He screamed although he seemed the type to squeeze a girls ass in a bar and he was drunk even better for the plan...

"I swear I didn't I-"

'Smack'

The drunk punched him. The boy recovered although he was quite shocked he dropped his stuff and got in a fighting position, that was unexpected not many people know how to fight here. Well it won't ruin the plan completely. The first scout I spotted came over, it was a women. With brownish hair tied back, she also wore glasses with a big creepy grin.

"Hey guys, let's not over react okayyyyy?" Ah yes a peace keeper just what I wanted well she's now distracted number two now. I could hear them in the background-

"What you think this scum bag should get away with touching a gorgeous women's butt, well?, do you?" Said the drunk, he didn't seem to care if he was about to fight a girl. Not that he would win, he might be butch but if she went through military training she is going to be an excellent fighter.

"Well, I didn't say that now did I-" she argued.

"Well thats what it seems like you is sayin'" he said his anger rising.

I blocked out the noise as I carried on walking. I have to focus on number 3 right now, number 2 would have slowed as the crowd builded up. No one wants to miss a fight down here. It's the only exciting thing that ever happens.

I need to get close to number 2, ah!, perfect another drunk. He stumbled out the pub. He looked at me and smirked, "Hey pretty ladyyyyyy." He stuttered, stumbling over to me.

"Wanna have a bitta fun with meeeeee." He gargled, hiccuping.

3,2,1...

Hello, sorry to leave on a cliffhanger! Oh by the way, the guy in the photo is the one 'sticking up for you'. Thank you so much for reading and remember to vote and share !