Chapter 6, Humanitys Smallest

Levi POV

I stepped forward and asked-

"Who are you?"

One week ago

'Knock, knock'

"State your name-"

"HIIII SHORTIE."

Ugh not this brat-

"Unless you want me to beat that ugly grin of your ugly face I suggest you stop calling me that." I stated calmly standing up although it made no difference, four eyes is taller than me.

"Awe, whatever, Erwin wants to see ya in his office."

"Why?"

"Dunno, your guess is as good as mine."

"My guesses are always better than yours idiot."

"Figure of speech Levi, ever heard off it?" She said grinning stupidly, never have I wanted to punch her so much, actually that's a lie, I always want to punch her.

"Tch, what are you still doing here then."

"Erm, it's a joint meeting."

"Wonderful."

"Awe, you hate me that much short-"

"Yes, I do." I stated cutting off her annoyingly overenthusiastic voice, knocked on Erwin's door.

"State your name and business." Said a deep voice coming from behind the grand door.

"Levi-"

"AND HANJI."

"You said you wanted me-"

"AND ME!"

"Shut up Hanji." I growled.

"Enter." I heard from Mike. So he's here too. I thought opening the door.  I wonder why he has called us all today, we must be going on an important mission of some sort.

"Ah, Levi, Hanji, you both got my message good, please come and sit down." He said pointing towards the chairs in front of his desk. Hanji sat down but I resumed standing.

"Okay, let's begin, this actually reminds me of when we were looking for you, Levi" he chuckled looking straight at me, I remained calm, but questions were whizzing around my brain. Me? Why? Reminds him, of what? But my cold exterior remained.

"Well, to clear that statement up I'll explain, there's a girl, in the underground-

"I am never going back there Erwin, I thought I made that perfectly clear." I said trying to compose myself, I don't know why I'm here, he knows I hate it there.

"Ah yes Levi, let me tell the plan and see if you change your mind."

"Tch"

"Anyway, She has somehow managed to steal some 3dmg and she's magnificent at it definitely, I've observed her once and she is at your standard Levi, she might even surpass it."

"Tch."

"She, like, everyone down there, steals food but not just for herself, she has a child with her."

"A daughter?" Hanji said.

"No, it's her niece, after her brother died to the hands of a titan the only other family she had was her, he was actually in this regiment himself.

"How awful." Hanji said in a melancholy tone.

"Why we are here, what has this brat got to do with us." I questioned. I'm pretty sure we are he to capture her I'm guessing, not to show her pity and sympathy and cry over her past.

"Okay, well, we are going to try and catch her, she is dangerous, that's why I've called you, she is by far a threat to any of us, shes killed countless people for money and no one knows why, we believe it's because her niece."

"Kills people, like a hitman?" Hanji said confused.

"Yes." Mike spoke up "She has killed people in the military police and they are looking for her."

"That's right." Erwin countered "We are going to give her the same option we gave to you Levi, join the scouts or go to the Military, it's a similar situation, they have tried to catch her but can't, they gave up ages ago, she even killed one of them just because he touched her niece."

"He touched her cape and she slit his throat." Mike stated.

"Oh." Hanji whispered.

"As I said she's dangerous so if you are willing to come be prepared for anything, well?, are you up for the challenge guys?" Erwin asked.

"Yes sir." Hanji stated saluting.

"Obviously."

"What?" They all said in chorus.

"You heard me." I said "I'll go to."

"Good, we leave tomorrow, get plenty of rest I don't know how long we will be down there, we need her to join, she will make a great difference, with Eren on our side and y/n we could make a substantial difference."

"Whatever we'll catch her, am I right Levi, you wanna beat her, I can tell." Hanji said gleaming.

"Tch, we'll catch her." I said "if you two could catch me then you can catch a girl and a child."

"We shall see'l Erwin said.

"You're worried about this aren't you Erwin."

"Well, yes, I am."

"Have faith Erwin." Hanji sang "Tell us the plan and we shall execute it perfectly."

"Right..."

Y/N POV

"Well..." shortie asked impatiently.

"Why should I tell you."

Eyebrows stepped forward

"My name is Erwin, I am the head of the Survey Corps, this is-"

"HANJI ZÖE." Stated four eyes over enthusiastically, saluting.

"And this," 'Erwin'continued as if this sudden outburst from 'Hanji' was completely normal "Is Levi Ackerman, Humanity's-"

"Smallest?" I asked innocently, which completely faded as I saw his face he looked really nothing. Completely blank, apart from the grip on the handle of his blade shaking in anger. I looked up too see Hanji laughing and Erwin smirking but recomposing himself as he looked at 'Levi.'

"No humanity's Strongest." I stopped laughing as did Hanji. Humanity's strongest, pretty big label for such a small guy.

"Wonderful knowing you but I'm a little busy-" I started.

"We are here to make an offer."

Thanks for reading! Make sure to vote and share! Till next time !