Chapter 9, the outside world

Y/N POV

I held Olivia's had and started to walk out.

"Ah."

I was blinded with a bright light, shining its radiant beams on my face, it felt unpleasant, when all you've known is darkness for well most of your life.

"Here." You heard from behind you, you turn around to see Levi shove his emerald cloak into your hands. You bow your head.

"Thanks are you sure-"

"Tch, just take it." He said brushing me of. I shrugged and placed it on my shoulders. My black cape was ripped when I was using my 3dmg. I should've been more careful but it's to late now.

I put the hood up and instant relief of the shade spreads across my sweating face. I sigh relaxing.

"Y/N! Look! ponies." Olivia gushed with excitement evident on her face. Even though her hood was up you could see she was thrilled with the idea of riding in a carriage.

"We're like princesses." She whispered breathlessly.

"Hey, mister." She said to the driver who looked down smiling at her excitement. " Can I stroke this ponie?"

"Why of course you can my dear." He said beaming warmly at me. I nodded back and picked up Olivia. She stroked the leading horse gently, her smile enlarging, her dimples clearly showing.

"Awe it's so cool, auntie I wanna pony."

"Maybe one day." I said and the driver laughed. I saw Levi looking at us his face showed no emotion. He saw me and looked away getting into the carriage. Always so cold, what's his problem?

"Come on we don't have all day, there are plenty of horses in the stables back at the headquarters you can look at there." He said bored.

Olivia looked to me and I shrugged.

"Okay, let's get going." I said sadly, I didn't want to leave the elegant horse either. Olivia kissed the horses face and I put her down. She ran into the carriage and I took one last look at the horse, it nuzzled its face into my neck. I laughed kissing its head and got in the carriage sitting down on the opposite side of Levi facing the window. Olivia sat on my lap and looked out the window. The man tapped the horses reins and we started to move. Olivia started to giggle
"This is so cool." She whispered to me smiling. She snuggled into the cloak still staring out the window and leaned her head on my chest.

"It's not to long of a ride, we will be there soon." Levi stated.

I nodded and so did Olivia. The trip was a tranquil silence. I enjoyed looking out the window. Seeing all the outside world with my own eyes. The sun shinning through the window, which I now know I actually don't like. It feels comforting at first but gets uncomfortable.

Levi shut his eyes for the ride but he was still awake. Every now and then he would look up to check on us and then close his eyes again. He seemed like he trusts us. I have more than 5 knifes on me, I could stab him whenever but, I want a new life with Olivia. I want to forget my past and help her future. Maybe killing titans is just as enjoyable as killing others.

"We are here, c'mon get moving." Levi said stepping out and stretching. I did the same and Olivia leaned on my leg.

She fell asleep during the ride and is still half asleep. She raised her arms and I picked her up. Levi started to walk forward so I followed. He showed us the stables, the training grounds and the dinning hall. People are out right now because it's a rest and that everyone will be back tomorrow he informed us. I'm not good at first impressions. I guess I'm not a 'people person.' But Olivia is the total opposite.

"Well that's it, Hanji, will show you to your room."

"Thanks for showing us around, bye." I said quickly and Olivia hugged him, he looked extremely uncomfortable but Olivia didn't mind.

"Goodbye!" She waved.

"Tch, bye, try and stay out of trouble for at least today."

"I'll try." I said rolling my eyes and rounded the corner with Hanji leaning against the wall listening to our conversation? I think that's what she was doing.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"GAHHH!" She screamed falling backwards. "You are so quiet, I didn't even hear you."

"But you heard the convo I'm guessing, what was so important about saying bye?"

"Oh nothing..." she said and something else but it was too quiet for me to hear.

"What was that last bit?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Levi seems a little different around you is all." She stated calmly.

"It's probably Olivia, I assume you don't get many children here, but she has promising skills and will be of age to start training in the cadets soon."

"Then i can have my own horse." Olivia said smiling.

"Yes, that'd be fun right?" I said quickly Hanji giving a look.

"Of course and Titans are really interesting, maybe you will join me and dissect them we can take em apart and-"

"Hanji stop."

"Sorry, i got carried away." She apologised tapping me on the head to which I have a disapproving stare.

"Well this is your room!" Hanji explaining pointing to a wooden door. "This will also be where Olivia stays until we can find a place nearby for her to stay in."

"Thank you Hanji." I said truthfully, she has definitely been welcoming to Olivia and I when she didn't need to. I guess she is kind hearted.

"No need! Happy to help, it's always nice to have another girl on the team!"

And with that she turned around waving and headed down the stairs.

Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and remember to vote and share and comment! Until the next chapter!!!