A Special Reunion

NO ONE'S POV

The sun sank lower in the sky, light of day draining away giving way to the velvety dark of night. Crickets chirping, dusky colors subdued in the fading light, first buzz of mosquitoes. While the day is winding down, the first star in the night sky appeared as air became cooler across the evening landscape. Twilight had fallen.

"Makosa, Ishara, any signs or clues?" Kion, the leader of the guard team asks.

Ishara shook his head. "No sir!"

"Hmm, he's too good at hiding his tracks I see..."

Makosa, Kion's nephew, starts walking South. "We should now check South going towards the Out Lands. That is where most rouge lions out side of the Pride Lands live."

Kion admittedly jump in front of Makosa stopping him. "No. It's way too dangerous out there Makosa. That is very close to the hyena territory! We haven't heard from them in a while. Let's not start a new brawl."

Ishara, Makosa's best friend and future Lion Guard team member, nodded his head in agreement. "Kion is right Kosa. Just leave it be for now. That lion seems to be gone far away. Hopefully he doesn't make a return. He'd be stupid if so..."

Makosa did not look at them. Instead, he just stare his reddish brown eyes out at the open grassland. He thinks quietly to himself. The cool wind blows through his mixed colored mane.

Makosa closed his eyes with a sigh. "Alright. Let's go back home. One of you will have to explain this to my father about returning home without any clues."

"I'll take care of that. I just want you out of trouble mister." Said Kion.

Kion gave Makosa a noogie. Makosa laughs and paw playfully at his face. "Okay quit it, Im not a cub anymore. I won't go out there I promise Uncle Kion."

"Excellent. Now let's all go home. It's getting chilly out."

The three walked home together back to Pride Rock. When they arrived, Kion was greeted by his wife Aala and their twin daughters. Such a beautiful family!

"Welcome back home honey! We missed you. How was patrol?" Aala asks, after giving her husband Kion a sweet kiss on the left cheek.

Kion purrs while rubbing his larger body against hers affectionately. "Good. We didn't find any signs or clues of the male. For now, the Pride is safe. I'll tell Kovu in the morning. It's getting late, I'm sure he's asleep."

She nod. The family walked inside of the warm cave joining the rest of the Pride for bedtime. Ishara was about to do the same, but stopped in front of the entrance and looked over his shoulder seeing Makosa still outside. He's sitting down at the edge of Pride Rock.

"Aye Kosa, you coming inside buddy?"

"Yeah, I'll be there in a few minutes. You go on ahead."

Ishara wasted no time and hurried inside the cave leaving Makosa outside alone. Makosa couldn't stop thinking about that lion. He wants revenge for him injuring his father and tried to attack his grandmother too. He wants that lion to pay.

"I'm sorry uncle Kion, but I have to do this." He whispered to himself.

Makosa got up and sprint down to the very bottom of Pride Rock. He follows a quick path leading straight towards the Out Land territory. He made a loud growl and is hoping with any luck to find the male there.