Hurtful Past

Ishara

Morning...

Last night was crazy. I couldn't believe my sister Auni and our friend Bahiya had got into an heated argument. They're best friends! I decide to try to talk to Auni today about the situation. Hopefully the two can hug it out or apologize becoming friends again.

I went behind Pride Rock where the lionesses are. Auni is busy chatting to Maha and Mila.

I clear my throat. "Good morning, ladies! May I speak with my sister? I promise to bring her right back."

They nod. Auni looks puzzled as she stood up and follow behind me. I led her to a far away distance from the girls.

"What's up Ishara?" She asks me, while leaping up to my right side.

"I think you and Bahiya should speak again." I say.

"What?! No! Since she thinks I'm such a tattle tale and doesn't know much about royalty, then I don't deserve to be her friend anymore. How rude of her!"

"Come on sis, you two are both best friends. I'm sure Bahiya didn't mean to say such things. We all know about her anger issues. You've been friends with her since little cubs like how I am with Prince Makosa. Don't let a petty argument ruin a tight friendship. I suggest you both cool down and wait for the right time to talk. Hear each other's feelings and have some understanding. Make corrections!"

Auni thinks looking down at her front paws. She sighs and nod her head. "Alright. You're so lucky that your my big brother!"

I smile and punch her lightly on the shoulder. She laughs and paw at my face playfully.

"Hey, Ishara!" A voice calls.

I twitch my ear and look over my left shoulder seeing a lioness run straight towards me. It's Kisima, my new friend and Mila's best friend.

I smile wide, my tail wagging with excitement. "Kisima!!"

We both ran up and tackle each other down with loud laughter.

"I was looking for you all morning!" Kisima giggles. She stands above me, bitting my left ear in a playful matter.

I growl, pawing at her russet colored nose. "Why, what's up?"

"I wondering if you'd like to come hunt with me. Breakfast is on me!"

"Wow, really? Okay sure!"

Auni sits in the background with silence. I totally forgot she was still here!

I get back up on my four paws. "Oh, how rude of me. Kisima, this is my sister Auni. Auni, meet Kisima!"

"Hi." Kisima waves, with a pleasant smile.

Auni smiles back then leaves heading back to Pride Rock. "Hello, I remember you. Your'e Mila's best friend. Welcome to pride! I'll leave you two alone."

"Bye!"

I watch my sister until she was gone out of sight into the tall green grass.

"So, you're an official pride member now huh?" I asked shocked.

Kisima began to walk leading the way to the hunting grounds. She nodded, "Yeah. The King accepted me and my mom in this morning. I actually was looking for you to tell you the exciting news. Now we get to see each other everyday!"