The Rescue

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hey everybody! :D I know, I am so late updating Dx I made a status last week on my profile if you have not read it yet. I've decided to only update the book on weekends. Its easier for me to keep up and do it that way, since I'm a current college student. Homework is starting to pile up and get in the way of story writing. Every Saturday or Sunday (depending on how I feel) I will update the book! Sounds cool? Great! ^.^ Also, I would like to introduce you all to another new character. If you remember from the last chapter when the girls met Rudo and his friend Paki. I just want to  give you the meanings of the names (which I normally do). Rudo means "Love" and Paki means "Witness". Thank you, hope you enjoy this new chapter !~^.^~

xoxo, Skyy15 <3

____________________________________________

Rudo

"Who are you?" the middle lioness asked me. She is small and slender. She has creamy fur with hazel eyes and a hair tuft on top of her head.

"My name is Rudo." I spoke, while taking one step forward. "This is my best friend Paki!"

The jackal the lioness on the right was chasing after was hiding behind me. That's Paki! He slowly steps out while still frightened.

"Your best friend is a jackal?!" The lioness one the left asks surprised. She's also small and slender with burnt orange fur, chestnut eyes, small tuft on her head, and sharp claws that stay out.

I nod. "Yes. We've been best friends since we were small children. His mother found and took me in."

"Interesting..." The lioness on the right comments. She's more taller and heavy built than other two lionesses. She sports a distinctive dark fur broken only by patches of lighter fur on her muzzle, and underbelly. Her paws are colorless like mines, nose colored brown, and her eyes are blue-green.

The middle lioness looks at me up and down. I have bronze color fur, salmon colored nose, grey eyes, colorless paws, and a desert color mane that's half grown.

The lioness on the left snorts shaking her head. "A lion friends with a jackal? Puh-lease! Since when?!"

"They're nice animals. It's not what you girls think!" I said.

The lioness on the right growls at me. "You and your friend better start leaving now before our King finds you here trespassing his land."

"King?"

"Yeah, he gets very angry whenever he finds trespassers. You don't want to mess with him." The left lioness nods.

"But, we weren't trespassing. We are looking for Paki's baby sister. I see she's not here, we'll look some place else. Thanks anyway!"

With that, Paki and I turned around leaving the beautiful land behind us. They watched us until we were full out of sight.

"Thanks so much for saving me back there, Rudo. That was a close one!" Said Paki, leaping beside me.

I roll my eyes shaking my head. "Please try to stick together Paki and don't fall so slowly behind. We have to find Asha (Meaning: Life) before it gets too late!"

Paki nods.

"I know she's not that far away though. She wouldn't dare explore alone, its a big world out here. Too big for a pup!"

"Mom is going to kill us..."

I look down at him worried. "I know."

A familiar scent brush underneath my nose. I stop walking and sniff the air twice. Paki notice something is wrong.