Hidden Place

•Makosa•

The day finally had shift its way from cool morning to a hot afternoon. The sun stared at the world without pause through the crystal clear sky. Fragile ornamental plants withered under the glare of the fiery orb while the trees sagged as if exhausted. Winds barely blew.

I am still running across the open grass fields. My body is hot with beads of sweat sliding down my forehead. I am almost there thankfully to Bahiya and I's secret hide out place. Once I've made it there, I admittedly took cover with some cool shade under a large tree and laid down to catch my breath. My paws are sore. So I start to lick them.

Bahiya is no place to be found yet. Maybe she isn't here or else hiding to surprise me. Hmmm...

My ears twitch. Suddenly I hear fast paws walking behind me. I look over my shoulder and there she is.

"Kosa your here!"

Bahiya pounces on my back. I laugh, "Hey Bahiya!"

She lays her body on my back, but manage to lick the back of my neck. I purr softly.

"I was beginning to think that you weren't going to make it." She says.

"Oh I was, I just had to watch the cubs and then speak to my uncle Kion about something important." I explained.

"You and those cubs."

Bahiya laughs. I turn over onto my right side and smile at her. I love her laughter, it's like music to my ears. Like ringing bells and if you think about it, it sounds pretty. Bahiya smiles back.

Bahiya has grown absolutely gorgeous over the years now. She blossoms just like her mother Tiifu, except Bahiya's hair tuft is waaaay longer now only covering her two eyes. I always wonder how can she still see when she hunts. But I do remember how her eyes look when we were younger. The kind of eyes that you can look into and feel like you are getting lost. The kind you can relate to that are truly windows to the soul. I They are my weakness.

"Yeah, I love those cubs. Especially the twins Adia and Chauna even though they can be sometimes troublesome. Especially that little Mosi!" I say, after rolling my eyes.

"Your so good with them though. I've watched you many times with them before. The cubs seem to love you and get so excited when your around. You're going to be a great father some day Kosa!"

"Awww, thanks Bahiya! I do hope so."

A leaf falls down from the tree branch above us and land on Bahiya's nose. She shakes it off. "So, what was the important thing you and Kion were talking about?"

"Hyenas. We think they're back again. I've smelled scents and spot some small clues. I couldn't say anything while with the cubs so I waited until later when I was alone to go report it to uncle Kion."

"What?! Not again. Here we go with this mess..."

I shake my head with annoyance. "I know. But that's not the only thing I've found. I also found a lion's paw print in the mud too."

Bahiya I bet had widen her eyes even though I can't them due to her long bangs. She gasped, "What?! So a trespasser eh? Ugh, this is all too much news in one day."