First Date

|MAKOSA|

I had just finished my King lessons with father. We both walk back to Pride Rock side by side together. Mother waited patiently for our return. Once she spot us coming, she raced over greeting us both with warm nuzzles.

"Hey mom!" I chuckle.

"How was today, honey?" Mother asks.

Father nods his head then nuzzle her back. "Good this time. I think Makosa will turn out to become a great King someday Kiara."

I tilt my head up proudly.

"Kosa!" A voice calls.

I twitch my ear and turn around seeing Bahiya run straight towards me. She tackled me onto the ground with loud laughter.

I fell down hard on my side. "Ow! Hey, Bahiya."

"Are you finally done with your lessons so we can go hang out now with the others?"

"Yeah I think so. Father can I go?"

Father stood next to mother and smiled with a nod. "Yes, you may go son."

"Don't stay out too late though. You already know about the hyenas." Mother warned.

I get back up on my paws and nod. Bahiya began leading the way walking quick ahead of me. I leap up to her side, trying to catch up. "Yes, I know and I will be back before sunset I promise!"

"Mama's boy!" Bahiya teased with a giggle.

I roll my eyes. "Hush. She just doesn't want her only son hurt. We've already lost one..."

"I know..."

"So where are we going this time?"

"You'll see." She grins.

I notice her grin. I squint my eyes, "Bahiya...what are you up to?"

"Cant tell Kosa, now hurry up before we're too late!"

Bahiya begins to run. I jog after her with confusion spread all over my face. What is she hiding from me?  This run seems to be long and I'm getting out of breath.

"Bahiya...are...we..there...yet?" I breathe.

She stops running, wonder her eyes, and smile nodding her head. "Yes, we're here and not too late for the event!"

I didn't realize that we were both standing on top of an very high hill until I had looked down. I gasp, "Wow, you can see the whole Pride Lands from up here. Everyone looks like a bunch of ants!"

Bahiya sits down beside me. "Yeah, the view is very beautiful isn't it?"

"Indeed. So, why'd you bring me here Bahiya? To show me the whole kingdom??"

"No. Look up at the sky Kosa!"

I tilt my head up. The cool winds brushed my over grown dark brown hair tuft away from my reddish brown eyes so I can see better. I see the orange-red sun setting. The sky is no longer light blue, its beginning to change to dark. I was speechless, no words could explain how beautiful this scenery is. Here I am able to witness it all.

"Remember when we were cubs and you've always wonder what the sun looks like when it sets?" Bahiya asks me.

I took my eyes off the sun set for a few seconds looking at Bahiya with a big smile. "Yeah! I always wanted to go watch and find the sun set. I cant believe you remembered."