-Chapter Twenty-Seven-

Stiles immediately regretted his decision to sit on the sofa as soon as he got to Derek's place after school. Laura and Cora sat either side of him and were interrogating him as Derek was out of the room, retrieving the stack of papers he was meant to grade.

"So who are you going to prom with, Stiles?" Laura asked, her voice seemingly suggestive.

"I-uh no one." Stiles leaned forward, just to be pushed back into the depths of the sofa by Derek's devil sisters.

"You know you can't go with Der-bear, so who are you going to-"

"You should go in matching suits!" Cora squeezed Stiles' arm tight as she squealed and interrupted Laura. Laura squeaked a little too.

"We're buying Derek a grey suit with a burgundy tie." Laura smiled proudly like Derek's mother or something. Peter leaned against the kitchen counter and frowned.

"Please, as if he could purchase the exact same suit without anyone connecting the dots that they're together." Stiles nodded at the girls, who both scowled at Peter for his words.

"We will buy Stiles' suit and you - Peter - will see just how perfect they look together." Cora scowled as she spoke and she grinned again at the thought of Derek and Stiles together, despite knowing how awful their student-teacher relationship looks.

"I don't actually think I'm going." Stiles said quietly, tucking his hands in between his knees.

"What?!" Laura and Cora yelled in unison.

"Parties aren't really my scene." Laura laughed quite patronising.

"And they're even less so Derek's scene, he is still going."

"We've already bought Derek's suit, do you want to miss that sight?" Cora asked, trying to encourage Stiles to go. "Besides, what is Derek going to do without you to watch dancing? Mope in a corner by himself?" Stiles raised his eyebrows.

"Who said I'm the dancing type?" Stiles stifled a light laugh as Cora slapped his arm in disbelief.

"Stilinski, we can all imagine the moves you bust out in front of our Der-bear." Laura laughed picturing a dancing Stiles shaking his ass in front of Derek and his placid face.

|°|°|°|

"Derekkkk..." Stiles whined. He knew that his sisters and uncle could hear everything they were saying but he continued nonetheless. "Will you show me your suit? I might never get to see it."

"If you come to your own prom, you'll see it." Derek was blunt as he stuffed last night's worn clothes by Stiles into his laundry basket.

"I want to see it now." Derek lifts his eyebrows in surprise at Stiles' sudden bossiness.

"No." Derek returned, carefully burying the clothes with Stiles' scent on them at the bottom of the basket. He couldn't have his sisters knowing that Stiles stayed over. "I've got stuff to do." Derek grumbled before leaving Stiles in his bedroom and heading to his office.

|°|°|°|

In his office, Derek remained silent and kept his work pace to as fast as possible. Teaching was a wonderful thing; however, grading was not. Laura slipped into the office and closed the door behind her.

"You're never going to win Stiles over if you treat him like that." She slumped into the chair in the corner of the room, next to the bookcase. "Besides, there's no need to turn him down. We know exactly what you two get up to." Derek paused, blankly staring at the paper in front of him. He angrily scribbled an F onto it.

"You know I don't think I'm going to bother going to this stupid prom either." Laura's smug grin dropped and she sat up so suddenly, it looked like she broke her back in the process.

"What?"

"You heard. It was a stupid idea anyway. I'll be surrounded by underaged, drunk teenagers and the ladies of my classes' will be swooning at my feet all night." Derek returned to his grading papers until he reached Stiles paper and he grumbled.

"This is because Stiles doesn't want to go, isn't it?" Laura clicks her fingers, as if she knows exactly what thought Derek was having. "You were looking forward to seeing him have fun and dressed up."

"No, that's not it." Derek denied, but Laura could see through his lies.

"Well, Der-bear-"

"Don't call me that."

"You're going whether you like it or not." She continued, despite Derek's rude disruptive comment. "Me and Cora paid for your suit, so you best use it." Derek grumbled again, scribbling an A on Stiles' paper. "That's unfair, that's called favouritism, by the way." She folded her arms over at him expectantly. Derek ignored her and her presence and moved onto the next paper. "When is he going home?" Derek was thrown off track in his marking at the question because he and Stiles hadn't discussed that Stiles was not staying the night when his sisters and uncle were. He shrugged. "Seems a little lonely for him. You've left him in a room by himself."

"He's happy enough." Derek listens carefully to the steady beat of Stiles' heart and his singing.

"Sure, singing 'I'm So Lonely' sounds like a happy place for him to be." She remarked sarcastically.

"Whatever." Derek rolled his eyes like some teenager hitting the hormonal stage.

"You should go check on him." Derek actually surprised Laura when he got up and actually did as he was told.

|°|°|°|

"I'm so lonelyyyy...I have nobody..." Stiles paused watching Derek as he entered the room.

"Are you..." Derek paused momentarily pushing away the urge to laugh. "...okay?"

"Dude, I am bored as hell." Stiles smirked, lying on Derek's bed looking up at the ceiling. "Or should I say Hale." He laughed to himself. Derek sat down on the bed next to Stiles stretched body. He traced his fingers along Stiles' arm before leaning over his body to kiss him on the lips. They exchanged small but wonderful kisses amongst themselves before Derek tore his face away in desperate need to say something.

"You wouldn't be bored if you were online searching for your prom suit and tie." Derek's voice sounded tempting.

"Fine." Stiles scoffed before pulling his phone out of his back pocket. "I'm going prom, because only if you are."

"I'll see you there then."