-Chapter Ten-

Derek was incredibly nervous about Stiles. He avoided him as much as possible, sometimes even hiding in the storage closet in his room when he saw Stiles pass by, with a curious gaze into the classroom. But when he finally couldn't hide for any longer, he let Stiles into his room, and accepted his sweet tasting kiss. He always tasted like candy with sugary cherry coloured lips. He pulled away reluctantly. He really wanted to keep what he had with the kid, but it was so wrong.

"What's wrong?" Stiles face was close, too close, Derek turned his head away shyly.

"We can't do this anymore." Stiles blinked at Derek a couple of times, letting the works sink in.

"What?" Derek shifted away, ashamed and afraid.

"This is wrong, we could both get into trouble." He sighed quietly. "I can't do this anymore. I'll move you into Mr Beech's class, so you won't even have to see me." Stiles blinked slowly in disbelief.

"Are you kidding me?" He was shocked to say the least, things had been going well. "I know you like me back."

"We can't do this anymore." Derek's nervous shaking stilled. "We're at too much of a risk of getting caught and-"

"I don't care if we get caught!"

"Well I do. That's my whole career down the drain."

"Well I'm sorry for being such as nuisance, Derek." Stiles shook his head, an angry tone coming off his words.

"It's Mr Hale." Stiles looked somewhat disappointed.

"I thought you were serious about this." He pointed between the two of them, then he took the book they were supposed to read together and he left, slamming the door.

"My god, what have I done." He uttered to himself.

|°|°|°|

The next day, roles had been reversed, it seemed that Stiles was avoiding Derek. And Derek knew it.

Stiles walked down the corridor with Scott, a sad look on his face. Derek sighed, he had done that. He sighed, taking his phone from off his desk and dialling Laura's number.

"I knew it was a mistake." He said quickly before she could say anything. "He's avoiding me and walking around sulking."

"It's what teenagers do Derek, you did the right thing." Her was voice serious, she wanted to sound like her mother used to. "You have to look at it like this: it's better for him, there's no laws being broken anymore and it's better for you." Derek shrugged.

"I was a little harsh." His voice saddened, he felt awful. He was feeling guilty and frankly, like shit because the guy he liked and who liked him back, he just blew off.

"He'll get over it." Derek nods.

"I'm coming home early, see you in a bit." He hung up, sliding his phone in his pocket. He then wrote a note, leaving it on the desk just in case Stiles decided to turn up. Then he left.

|°|°|°|

Stiles noticed when he crept into Derek's classroom, after school, that there was a small sheet of paper on his desk, underneath his keyboard.

It read:

I had to go. If you want to sort things out, call me:
07896 453167

- Derek

Stiles grabbed the sheet, crinkling it in his fist a little then set off to his jeep.

He climbed into his jeep and sat there for a moment, debating whether to call Derek or not. He dialled it anyway, adding the number to his contacts. It rings for a few moments until somebody picks up.

"I'm so freaking pissed at you, Derek." The person on the other end breathed loudly. "Derek?"

"I don't know what to say." Derek tiptoed around his house, doing a little tour and running his hands along the odd piece of furniture in his house.

"Say something..." Stiles tears up, he really liked Derek. Derek said nothing. "I understand now you don't want to be with me anymore, I'll just go." He went to hang up but Derek's desperate voice stopped him.

"Wait, wait, wait-" Stiles was already crying, there couldn't have been anything Derek said that would make him feel worse right now. "I liked what we had, even though it was so wrong. I just don't want us to get caught." Stiles hummed, sniffling a little.

"I understand." Stiles let quite a few tears out, they spilt onto his dashboard. "Is this it?"

"I want us to be together," Stiles' breathing stilled, he was terrified of what Derek was going to say. "Just not as much in school."

"So what now?" Derek made some sort of a 'hmph' sound as he walked into a cabinet in his hallway.

"I'll bring you here tomorrow, I'll cook and we'll revise your book." Stiles smiles a little, feeling a little better after today's events.

"Okay."

"Have a good night Stiles." Stiles nodded and mumbled the same back before Derek hung up. He slammed his head into the dashboard of his jeep.

|°|°|°|

Stiles felt really creepy following Derek home. He was tailing Derek's Camaro in his blue jeep, and he knew Scott would have questioned why both of the cars left at the same time - and followed each other.

When they made the final turn, Stiles pulled up and put his handbrake on. Derek's house was weird, in the middle of a forest and looked unreasonably old. But a good old, like a mansion from a past era. He climbed down, out of his jeep, and walked to Derek with his hands in his jean pockets.

"My sisters aren't home, they went shopping for the day." Stiles nodded at Derek's words, following him (with his school stuff - like his brief case and blazer) and they went inside. Derek put his stuff down by the door, leaving it in a slump, leaning against the shoe rack. "There's a toilet in my room or there's one down the hallway, to your left." Stiles nodded.

Derek walked himself to the kitchen, placing the chicken in the oven and frying the stuffing.

"You like chicken?" Stiles nodded again, being unlike himself, quiet. "You can go sit in the living room, I'll be in there in a minute."

Stiles lead himself into the living room, Derek following shortly after putting the fried stuffing into the chicken.

"I..." Stiles stammered a little, he couldn't get his words out. "I-I didn't mean to-" He shuts the chest of draws quickly, placing the picture back into the drawer carefully. He squealed a little as Derek moved closer. What had he done.