-Chapter Twenty-

Stiles was a little freaked out, he took his towel robe, off of the door, and threw it on so he wasn't naked too. Derek followed, quickly throwing a pair of Stiles' boxers on, despite being way too small. They headed to Stiles' window, looking at the footprints in the snow. They were definitely footprints. Definitely showed signs of someone coming in and out of Stiles' room.

"What the hell..." Stiles whispered to himself. "Who's been in my room with us?" Stiles was panicking as he turned to face Derek. Even Derek's face looked panicked. He wasn't aware of any visitors they had. Derek didn't reply for a moment, putting one of Stiles' shirts on and throwing yesterday's jeans on.

"Stay with your dad downstairs, if anything happens - you call me." Stiles nodded, he knew Derek was probably going to take the window home but he went down stairs, to his dad. He probably looked extremely worried for himself and Derek.

|°|°|°|

Derek had rushed home as quick as possible, bursting through the front door to find his surprised sisters.

"Where have you been?"

"It doesn't matter." Derek was a little breathless, after running all this way home. "Someone has been following me." It hadn't been the first instance. Derek had only just connected the dots together. "When I was in New York, someone left me a note outside the door." He finds his bag, that he usually takes to work with him and roots around in there for a moment. He pulled out a scrappy piece of paper. It reads:

Derek, you should be more careful when leaving your mate.

Laura stared at the note, looking just as confused as Cora.

"Don't you get it?" The sisters both shook their heads. Derek sighed dramatically, slamming the note onto the cabinet. "Someone knows Stiles is my mate and they are following us!"

"Oh, finally connected the dots, have we?" All three of them turned from facing the note to the front door.

"What the hell, are you doing here?" Derek growled out, picking the note up and scrunching it into his hand.

|°|°|°|

Stiles nibbled at his nails, nervous. He didn't know where Derek had gone or why and that made him nervous. His dad was picking up the nerves and went to reach for Stiles' phone, but Stiles slammed his hand down onto it, stopping him. He pulled the phone into him, checking it for any messages but none had come through.

|°|°|°|

"Well that's no way to greet me, is it?" The smug grin on his face boiled Derek's blood. "That's no way to greet your uncle." The three sibling stood, huddled together.

"You're supposed to be comatose." Peter laughed a little, striding towards the three.

"I got better." Laura pulled a confused look, wearing the same expression as Cora.

"Did you write that note for Derek?" She asked, curiosity peaking out from her voice.

"Of course I did, silly." He snapped his fingers a little before taking more strides towards the three of them. "While you were away in New York, your little mate was having separation anxiety." He laughed a little, taking the note from Derek's hands and placing it into his pocket.

"Mates exist?" Cora being younger, was even more so confused than Laura and Derek. Their uncle smiled, patting Cora's shoulder.

"Of course they do. Derek here," He turns his head Derek's way. "Has already met his."

"Stiles is Derek's mate?" Their uncle shrugged.

"Why do you think they were both so persistent to be together?" Laura nodded, all of the lying about being with Stiles made sense now.

"But I thought mates were...like sexual?" Cora asked, openly confused.

"They are." Peter slaps his hand to Derek's shoulder. "If he knots the boy, there's a small chance they could have pups."

"Really?" Cora asked, engrossed in the situation. Their uncle laughed, none of them knew if he was really joking, or not.

"You two would long for each other, even if you tried to stay away from each other." He grins at his nephew, throwing his arm over his shoulders.

"Did you see...?" Peter laughed, nodding at Derek.

"I saw everything." Derek's face flattened. Great, just wonderful. If Peter had seen everything just last night alone, what else had he seen? He leaned close to Derek's ear. "Everything." He pulled away, bringing his other arm around his two nieces. Derek felt pretty embarrassed, his cheeks dusted a light shade of magenta.

"Are you staying?" Cora asked, innocently. She had always had the best play fights with her uncle and she missed them to be quite honest.

"Cora, I'm better, of course I'm staying." Peter grins a little, squeezing his sister's children into him. Derek wriggles out of his grasp, heading up to his room. He was a tad embarrassed thinking about how Peter knew everything there was to know...

He reached his room, wiping his phone out of the pocket of his jeans. After quickly dialling Stiles' number, he sat on his window ledge and stared out of the window.

"Hey, Stiles."

"Where did you go?" Derek bit his lip. Maybe Peter was right about the whole mate separation anxiety thing, Stiles sounded desperate to hear a response from Derek and he sounded incredibly worried.

"I know who was in your room." He bit his lip again. This was going to be difficult to explain, right?

"Well who was it?" Stiles stared at Derek, waiting for an answer. Derek bit his lip, the impatient hums of Stiles down the phone.

"I think you're best to come over..." How was he even supposed to explain this?

"No Derek, I want to know." Derek sighed, a little frustrated.

"Stiles, come over." Derek said, tone of his voice deep. Stiles was clearly getting annoyed, muffled grumbling down the line.

"Tell me!" Derek winced a little, Stiles began shouting becoming angrier by the moment. He hesitated, his teeth scrapping over his bottom lip.

"Alright!" Derek cringed a little, before spilling the beans. "It was my uncle..."