-Chapter Two-

THIS VIDEO IS SO SAD OMG😓

|°|°|°|

After the conversation about Mr Hale being Derek Hale, the loudest speaker of all - silence - washed through the car and it became awkward.

"It's this house here." Stiles said quietly. He pulled over, the Sheriff was waiting outside with his arms folded over. Derek gets out alongside Stiles.

"Where have you been, this time?" His manner changed as Derek in his sight caught his attention. "Derek Hale?"

"Dad, it's Mr Hale." Stiles said quickly, eyeing Derek a little. "I didn't do the reading last night andddd...my jeep broke down..." Sheriff pulled a odd look, making Stiles cringe and wait for him to explode at Derek.

"I understand, Mr Stilinski it's completely unacceptable to drive him home but I kept him behind, and it's part of the safe guard regulations and-"

"I get it." The Sheriff shifted on his feet. "How are you?" Derek's face contorted, he knew exactly what he was talking about. The break downs, the panic attacks which he had when giving statements to the police force about the fire. He coughed trying to hold back his inner emotions.

"I'm good." He quietly answered, avoiding eye contact. The Sheriff nodded, a worried look on his face.

"No panic-" Derek panicked, his student would be getting personal information about his life.

"Dad, can we go in?" Stiles interrupted, shivering a little.

"Yeah, come on." Sheriff shooed Stiles inside. Derek sighed with relief. "I'll see you later." Derek nodded and waited until the Sheriff had gone inside to get in his car again.

He sluggishly got back in, the engine roaring to life once again. He shivered at the cold air of the night.

|°|°|°|

"I'm sorry about last night." Stiles said quietly to Derek in after school period, again. Derek said nothing for a moment and allowing himself to think rationally.

"It was wrong of me to take you home like that." Stiles face saddened noticeably.

"Well you won't need to tonight, I got people out to my jeep last night." Stiles said a little harshly, he took the book from his teacher's hand. Derek sighed.

"I'm not used to getting personal: especially with students." Derek sighed again, listening to Stiles' voice read the book again. He stared at his student, realising that he was very attractive.

"Mr Hale?" Derek jumped a little, his memories had flooded him all at once and he wasn't even listening to Stiles anymore. His eyes looked sad and worn out, tired. "Are you even-"

"You should go." Derek's brows folded over, becoming an irrational thinker.

"But I haven't finished the-"

"Stiles I need you to leave." Derek crunched his hands into fists on the table, making Stiles' panic rise. Stiles shied away.

"Okay..." He rounded up his rucksack, leaving the book on his table. Then he left, glancing back into the room. Derek punched the wall and then threw Stiles' desk over and the book flew across the room with it. The cover of the book creased at the impact against the filing cabinets. Stiles pulled a worried look, debating whether to go back into the room or not. But he was feeling brave.

Derek's ears pricked at the sound of the door reopening. He sat down at his own desk, he in his hands and breathing quickly.

"Sir, are you okay?" Derek took a sharp intake of breath then his breathing quickened, he was having a panic attack. "Mr Hale-"

"I can't-I can't bre-" He began making small whimpering sounds in between breaths, Stiles didn't know what to do. He slides around behind the desk, placing a hand on Derek's shoulder. "My family-" His chest began to hurt and his breathing was even quicker than before.

"It's okay, they're safe now. They're in a better place-" Stiles began, trying to help.

"They're all...dead!" His voice grew deeper. It was his first panic attack in a good few years.

"It's okay, you just need to calm down and-"

"I-I..." Derek breathed in sharply, his breathing pausing for a moment. His back stopped moving from his breathing.

"Derek, calm down." The words slipped out of his mouth easily, not realising how inappropriate it was for a student to call his teacher by their first name. Derek's fast breathing stilled. He calmed down slowly but still kept his head in his hands. He took one deep breath in, nodding and releasing his head. "You're okay." Derek sighed at himself.

"I haven't...it's been years." He speech was slow and his voice was deep.

"Since you had a panic attack?" Derek nodded, breathing slowly. He wasn't bothered that Stiles was getting too close and too personal for his profession. "You're okay now." Stiles nodded to himself. He dealt with it pretty well. Derek looked at Stiles, their eyes bearing into each other.

The Sheriff came into the room, a suspicious glare casted on his face.

"I figured you'd be here Stiles, I was looking for you." He looked over to Derek, who looked unstable, and Stiles who was caught in a compromising position. He leaned over Derek, hand still on his shoulder. "What's going on here?" The Sheriff scowled. Derek stood up, shrugging Stiles' hand off of him.

"Nothing. We were just about to leave." Derek gathered his brief case and pushed his square framed glasses up his nose. He abruptly left, before he spilt his feelings about Stiles out. The door shut and Stiles stared his dad down, meeting his suspicious eyes.

"Are you coming home?" Stiles nodded, following his father out of the door.

|°|°|°|

-Stiles-

"So, are you going to spill to me what happened in there?" I stared my dad down. He shoved a fork full of food into his mouth then raised his eyebrows at me.

"What do you mean?" I take a forkful of my lasagna savouring the taste in my mouth.

"Why were you so close to Hale? Why was there a table thrown across the room? He's your teacher, you know." I raise my eyebrows at him.

"I know that." I paused, thinking a little. "We were doing the reading."

"With your hand on his shoulder?" I sighed loudly at him pestering, always pestering.

"Dad this is Derek Hale - his whole family died in a fire. I think you would have problems too." He sighed deeply at me and then pulled a questioning look at me. I felt my cheeks redden and I looked away.

"Sure." He hummed a little and then pulled his scowling face. "Are you staying behind tomorrow?"

"Yep." I scowled back. "It helps me remember the book." He nods at me, I nod back.

"So there's nothing going on between you?" I shook my head vividly and rolled my eyes. "Then why are you calling him by his first name, Stiles?"