-Chapter One-

The beady eyed amongst you may have noticed I unpublished this! I decided to improve it, so hopefully... it's better;)

|°|°|°|

Mr Hale was a particular character, a little brooding and a little mysterious. He disliked having his personal and family pictures on his desk, disliked unorganised. He would align his books in neat piles and when his students pilled the reading books sloppily on his desk, he would stay behind in his lunch hour and re-pile them until they were neat.

Stiles was the polar opposite, often his books were folded at the corners and the odd page or two ripped. He had too much energy to sit still and stack things neatly. He would be that annoying student who threw his textbook on the pile backwards and upside down - the covers of the book often completely ruined.

Stiles' attention was caught by Mr Hale clicking his fingers a little. He knew what was coming as Mr Hale's lips moved.

"Stiles, did you do last night's reading?" A sudden fear dribbled over Stiles, that goddamn reading. He knew he had forgotten something, he always did forget things - especially readings - plus he never remembered the books anyway. Rolling his eyes and confessed to his teacher.

"No, Mr Hale." He had expected to die of embarrassment on the spot, Mr Hale could be an unpredictable person, a person to unexpectedly cause utter humiliation; however, it went down smoothly.

"I'll see you after school, Stiles, and we'll read it together." Mr Hale nodded at Stiles, who's cheeks where dusted in a light shade of pink. The unpredictability Mr Hale usually portrayed, seemed to be dull today.

There was no escaping the after school detention, especially having Mr Hale as his last teacher of the day. He sighed loudly and listened to another student explain what the reading was about.

The bell sounded loudly through the school, Stiles yawning and knowing that he would have to stay at least another half an hour before he could get out of the hell hole known as school.

"Class dismissed." Mr Hale leaned against his desk, in a half stood up and a half sat down position. He crossed his arms looking disappointed at one of his most clever students. He watched the class sweep out, all except Stiles, who sat in his seat nervously tapping the floor with his foot. "So, Stiles, why didn't you do the reading?" The way Mr Hale said his name, caught Stiles' attention easily although it wasn't hard to catch Stiles' attention with a voice like Mr Hale's. "I know you're a bright young man."

"If I'm honest, I forgot." Stiles said sheepishly, his face growing redder. Mr Hale laughed, which turned his grumpy exterior inside out.

"You forgot." His laughed echoed through the room, amplifying into Stiles' ears, he became fearful. Mr Hale drew his head close to Stiles' ear. "Do I have to do something to help you remember the consequences of not doing the reading?" Stiles shook his head violently.

"No, Mr Hale." Mr Hale walked quietly mumbling something to himself. He slid a book out from his shelf, and took it over to Stiles. Then he seated himself on the desk next to Stiles. Stiles shivered a little out of fear; his teacher had always been a mysteriously scary teacher.

"It was the night before..." He began reading the book to Stiles and Stiles listened intently. It had been the most he'd ever heard Mr Hale speak to him personally. He stared at his features, long eyelashes blinking like butterflies flying and lips moving softly, mounting one another occasionally as he spoke. Stiles couldn't lie to himself, Mr Hale was attractive. All the girls thought it too.