Chapter 30

author's note
i would just like to apologize in advance if i do not update for a bit! i am going on vacation with my family for a week, then will be back home for 5 days, before going on vacation again for two weeks! however, i hope to still be able to write for you all (since you are so amazing and always make me so happy). also if you want to leave suggestions/recommendations of stories to read (i will have a lot of travelling) i would love to hear what other stories you all read! thank you so much!
------------------------------------------------------

(y/n)'s POV:
I woke up the next morning, completely worried and confused as to what I should do. I had no idea on how to act around Taehyung, so avoided him as I hurried to class. I was afraid he'd find out that I lied about what happened after the kiss. He didn't pester me when he came in, probably too busy with something else, so I sat in silence as I waited for class to start. The bell rang, marking the beginning of a very slow day. Eventually it was lunch break and I sighed as I boredly stabbed my lunch with a fork. I really had no idea what to do next. I didn't even know anyone that could help or give me advice in this situation. My bored face was quickly overcome by a frown when no one sat next to me during lunch. Taehyung was too busy with BTS and Mark was absent today, getting his cast taken off. Lunch and the rest of the day passed by relatively quickly and as soon as the bell rang, I left the classroom.

I didn't have the heart to deal with Taehyung right now, so I just left to avoid making the situation worse. Maybe there was a change I just didn't notice. Maybe I could somehow solve this issue. But my hopes quickly disappeared when I saw a text from Mark. Hey, I actually have a letter on my wrist too! Without responding, I put my phone into my jacket pocket and went home, my heart beating out of control and my mind swirling with so many questions. I really hoped that this was some crazy dream. After all, what was really happening? But to my disappointment, I didn't wake up. This is reality. Bored and curious, I made plans with Mark to meet up at a park nearby. Although he knew less than me about this whole soulmate thing, maybe he could help me make sense of it all.

[E] "Mark!" I called out as soon as I saw the tall boy, leaning against a tree.
[E] "Hello!" He smiled, standing up straight as he walked towards me. "What's up?"
[E] "How are you?" I quickly changed the topic, not wanting to immediately burden him with my issues. I felt kind of bad, dragging him into all of this.
[E] "Happy that my cast is off." Mark laughed, lifting his bare arm. "You?"
[E] "Confused and worried." I pouted.
[E] "Let me guess..." Mark paused, "Something happened with Taehyung?"
[E] "Well you know the soulmate thing." I waited and in response, Mark nodded, before I continued. "I've always been told that the world is supposed to somehow change, after you kiss your soulmate. But it's nearly been a day and I've not noticed a single change in my world."
[E] "Then you aren't soulmates?" Mark questioned, clearly unsure himself.
[E] "But Taehyung said his world changed." I sighed as Mark looked at me, even more confused than before. "So why hasn't mine?"
[E] "He could be lying." Mark suggested before gently hugging me. "I'm sure it'll be fine. Don't worry about it."
[E] "But I am. What am I supposed to do now?" I looked up at Mark, who was showing me the cutest sympathetic smile.
[E] "Have you ever really researched where this whole soulmate thing comes from and stuff?" Mark asked but I just shook my head no as he continued. "Well apparently it came from China. If you want, I can ask my friend from Hong Kong what he knows about it. Probably way more than us. It might help, right?"
[E] "Really?" I beamed, maybe someone with more knowledge about this could tell me what the heck was happening. "Thanks! What would I do without you?"
[E] "Have no friends and deal with this problem on your own." Mark teased, laughing at me
[E] "Hey!" I whined, lightly pushing him away. "You'd have no friends here if it weren't for me!"
[E] "I know." Mark giggled, temporarily making me forget all about my issues with Taehyung.

Taehyung's POV:
All day long I was annoyed. Too nervous and worried to talk to (y/n). Frustrated by all the questions from the boys. Irritated by anyone who tried to talk to me. Too stressed to eat. But really, very upset nothing about my world changed. I denied the possibility that (y/n) was not my soulmate. There's no way she couldn't be the one. No way. During all the lessons, I kept my head down and barely paid attention. I had no motivation or will to pay attention to class. If I tried to look at the board or the teacher, I'd see (y/n) right in front of me. Sadly, I couldn't handle seeing her. When the bell rang for lunch, I slowly dragged myself to the cafeteria and sat down at the edge of the table. I didn't want to be near anyone else. I didn't want to hear their prying questions or see their curious glares. I just wanted to disappear as I rested my head on the table. Thankfully most of BTS, most of them, quickly picked up on that.

"Taehyung, (y/n) is sitting all by herself at that table." Jimin spoke confused and slightly disappointed, "Want to invite her here?" I didn't look up but heard various voices trying to shush Jimin then him whine in pain as someone probably hit him.
"No. She won't sit here today." I sighed, not having the heart to say anything else.
"Do you mind talking about it?" Suga cautiously asked. "Your call from last night." I didn't respond.
"Please Taehyung!" Jin pleaded, "You know none of us like seeing you sad like this."
"We can help, if you let us know what happened." Rap Monster joined in the efforts to try and coax me to speak about my horrible experience yesterday.
"(y/n) probably isn't my soulmate." I mumbled, not even wanting to hear it myself.
"What?" J-Hope asked, probably sitting the furthest away from me and not hearing anything.
"I don't want to say it again." I whined, not raising my head from the cold table for a second.
"But none of us heard you." Jungkook explained, putting his arm around my shoulders as if he was saying I'm sitting right next to you but couldn't hear you at all.
"(y/n) is probably not my soulmate." I repeated louder, tears threatening to fall as I thought about the idea.
"Now, how do you know that?" Jin asked, as if he could persuade me that it was a lie.
"My world has not changed at all." I felt hot tears rolling down my face. "And I lied to her."
"What happened?" Suga's tone was serious, slightly scaring me. He hardly ever spoke like that.
"We kissed. Nothing changed. I lied to her. She said her world changed." I released a shaky breath, hardly able to continue speaking. "I haven't been able to face her all day."
"There's still a chance she's your soulmate though!" Rap Monster spoke in a tone where I could imagine the smile on his face as he tried to cheer me up.
"Maybe you just haven't noticed the change yet!" J-Hope chimed in, also in a positive tone.
"You are pretty slow at noticing things, Hyung." Jungkook laughed, another attempt to make me happy again.
"But she could have lied too." I sighed, not caring about their attempts to make me happy. I knew what happened and could guess the results. Sure there was a slim chance that I just haven't noticed the change, but from what I was always told it should have been some drastic life changing thing. This is all just too disappointing.