Chapter 19

author's note
there is literally nothing i can do to ever thank you guys enough. like i'm literally the worst: my updates have been taking longer, i've literally been falling asleep while writing because my only freetime is like 2am nowadays. yet i still get so much support and love, which makes me so happy i can't describe my happiness. thank you all so much!! (also wow two updates on the same day haha i hope this helps make up for the slow updates before)
---------------------------------------------

(y/n)'s POV:
Why was Taehyung like this? Didn't he tell me to forget that he confessed? I blushed even more thinking about him. I really liked him. I worried about him too. I liked his blush, his hair, his smile, his laugh, and his precious personality. He was so cute when he worried about me. He is so cute. We really must be soulmates, there is no way I could have developed a crush on him so quickly otherwise, right?

"I-I..." I stuttered, extremely embarrassed and nervous. I was about to continue but then was cut off by someone.
[E] "Hey! (y/n)!" I looked and saw Mark running over. Nervously, I turned to Taehyung who just looked extremely confused.
[E] "Hey Mark!" I waved and smiled, a little worried and nervous.
[E] "How are you?" Mark happily smiled at me then looked at Taehyung. "Is this your friend?"
"Yes." I went back to Korean for Taehyung to understand. "Taehyung this is Mark, and Mark this is Taehyung."
"Nice to meet you." Mark bowed while smiling, "I'm Tuan Mark."
"Kim Taehyung." V coldly said while bowing.
[E] "Sorry about him." I nervously laughed, "He's probably just mad because he's really bad in English."
[E] "It's okay." Mark laughed too, "I'm horrible in Korean anyways."
[E] "So what's up?" I looked and noticed Eon Jin and Jeong Gyu stopped walking and started back at us as Taehyung walked over with them. "Oh sorry, you don't mind walking with us, right? We were about to get some dinner at the nearby ramen shop."
[E] "It's fine." Mark began walking with me while Taehyung led Eon Jin and Jeong Gyu ahead of us. "I'm sorry to ask but could you actually help me after?"
[E] "What's wrong?"
[E] "I'm actually still around here because I got lost." Mark laughed at himself. "My phone died and I can't figure out how to get home from here. I can't really read any of the street signs."
[E] "Of course!" I tried my best not to laugh at him. "I can actually probably help you now, it's getting late. I can drop you off first then, take care of them again."
[E] "Are you sure?" Mark skeptically looked at me. "Why don't you eat with them first, I'll pay, then you can help me find my house?"
[E] "You don't need to pay!" I playfully pushed him. "Stop insisting on paying for things for me! Can't I just help you to be helpful?"
[E] "Well I want to!" He chuckled and reached to push me back when suddenly Taehyung came over and stopped Mark.
"Leave her alone." Taehyung practically growled which surprised me and Mark. After Mark muttered a little apology, Taehyung walked back over to his siblings.
[E] "Sorry about him." I sighed, "He just really cares about me."
[E] "Are you not dating?" Mark looked at me confused.
[E] "We are just classmates." I blushed a bit, Taehyung did confess but also said to forget about it. What really was our friendship?
[E] "Really?" Mark looked at me, even more surprised. "It doesn't seem that way."
[E] "Well we aren't dating." I laughed and rubbed my wrist, "But he thinks I'm his soulmate."
[E] "Soulmate?" Mark looked at me and my wrist, even more confused and surprised.
[E] "Don't you have an initial on your left wrist too?" I showed Mark the T on my wrist. "It's supposed to be the initial of your soulmate. See?"
[E] "Oh, I don't know. They don't really believe in that or talk about it in America. More of an Asian superstition to them. Many Americans don't even have a letter there." Mark laughed and lifted his left arm to reveal his cast. "I guess I can't check for a while though."
[E] "Oh really? That's too bad." I sighed, "It's really important here. Hopefully you'll have one."
[E] "Maybe..." Mark trailed off, noticing that we were right in front of the ramen shop now. Mark grabbed some money from his wallet and tried to hand it to me. "Here, buy some food. I can meet up with you here in like half an hour?"
[E] "Why don't you just eat with us?" I refused to accept the money. "You haven't eaten yet either, right?"
[E] "I don't want ramen, plus your friend doesn't seem to like me." Mark put the money back in his wallet and began to walk away. "I'll see you in a bit."
[E] "Fine." I sighed, "I'll see you in a bit."

With that Mark walked away, probably to some nearby stores or something. I turned back to Taehyung who looked furious. Although he wasn't looking at me, I could tell he was upset. What was it now? I looked over to Eon Jin and Jeong Gyu, they still seemed quite happy as they stared at the menu hanging on the wall. I walked over to them and crouched a bit so I was closer to their height. After asking what they wanted and carefully remembering their orders, I went over to Taehyung.

"Do you know what you want?" I nervously asked him, he still looked very upset.
"I'm not hungry."
"Oh come on~" I whined, what was up with him? "I already told you, you need to eat! Didn't you say you'd eat if I ate?" I pouted at him. "I'm going to get something to eat! You need to eat."
"Well I'm not hungry." He coldly turned away from me.
"What's wrong?" I looked at him straight in the eyes but he refused to look back at me. "Weren't you excited to leave the house and get food?"
"Just go order the food." He practically threw money at me. "This should be enough for the three of you. Don't use your own money."
"I'm not ordering the food until you tell me what's wrong." I glared at him. "I'm not eating unless you are."
"You need to eat." Taehyung growled at me before looking at Eon Jin and Jeong Gyu, "You're going to make them wait longer for their dinner too?"
"Whatever." I rolled my eyes and walked away from Taehyung to order. What was wrong with him? What happened? Why was he suddenly so grumpy?

Taehyung's POV:
I glared at (y/n) as she walked away to order the food. This was so unfair. Who even was that Mark guy? Why didn't they speak Korean? Did she not want me to know what they were talking about? It was so frustrating I could only understand a few words from their conversation, I had no idea what they were talking about. But she laughed and smiled with him. It made me so upset. No, jealous. I was jealous. How did they know each other? Why did she seem so much more relaxed and happy around him?

I pulled out my phone and sent a text to the BTS group chat, Hey do any of you know a guy named Tuan Mark? After a few minutes I got some responses, all of them said no. Who was this Mark guy?