Chapter 8

author's note
thank you soooo much to everyone who has been reading this story, commenting on it, and even voting on it! it truly means so much to me that i'm at a loss of words on how happy and blessed i feel. literally i used to be made fun of for having and writing stories on a wattpad so i was so incredibly nervous to create this account. but you all have been so nice, which makes me beyond happy! again thank you so much!
---------------------------------------------

(y/n)'s POV:
I silently sat at the table, having no food to eat, no work to do, and not wanting to talk to any of the boys. Lunch slowly dragged on as I pondered about Taehyung and how I could possibly fix this awful situation I was in. I felt so bad for him, he was blaming himself but it was really all my fault. If only there was some way for me to apologize, make it up to him. But I hardly knew anything about him, and knowing me, I'd just make everything worse. I was completely consumed by my thoughts until I heard my name in the boys' conversation.

"What?" I looked at them, not knowing who said my name or why.
"Aren't you going to eat anything?" Suga, or Min Yoongi, motioned towards the empty table in front of me. "I mean you've been sitting here for most of lunch, and I haven't seen you eat a single thing."
"Yeah," Jin looked at me, "you didn't even have anything before I brought you over here."
"Oh, that." I looked at the clock on the wall, wishing lunch was already over. "I'm just not hungry." I weakly smiled at them, I hardly ever ate let alone having a regular lunch.
"It's not good to skip meals!" Park Jimin worriedly looked at me. "You should at least eat something!"
"I'm fine. It doesn't really matter anyways." I looked away from them, nervous and embarrassed.
"Yes it does!" Rap Monster easily wrapped his fingers around my wrist, "Look at how skinny you are! You need to eat."
"Don't worry about it!" I laughed a bit, they were overreacting and it was kind of cute and funny. "Why do you guys even care?"
"Because V cares." J-Hope, or Jung Hoseok, spoke with such a serious tone I knew he wasn't making that up.
"What?" I exclaimed, not truly believing him. J-Hope sounded serious but Taehyung didn't really care about me, right? We were practically strangers, I ruined his life. Surely, there was no way he actually cared about me.
"V worries about you so much." Suga chuckled, "He's told us so many times to either not talk to you at all or, if we did have to talk to you to be as nice as possible."
"He doesn't even let us tease him about you." Jimin whined, "He gets all defensive and angry whenever we mention you."
"V even said he'd beat me up if I ever talked to you again." Jungkook laughed, "I don't think he's ever been that mad at me before."
"But he definitely cares about you." J-Hope smiled, "I'm actually really surprised he left considering we are all still here."
"What do you mean?" They were all confusing me so much. How could Taehyung care about me? I ruined his life and he hardly knew anything about me.
"He was so mad about what happened this morning, and he doesn't even know what happened." Jin complained. "I don't understand him at all."
"He kept saying he was a bad person." I blankly stared at the table, my voice slightly quivering. I guess they should know about what happened in the hallway. "He kept apologizing to me, saying he was a coward, that couldn't protect me from you guys."
"What?" J-Hope nearly screamed at me, demanding the answer "When?"
"Earlier today." I paused, the dots were connecting. "Probably right before he ran away." I started to tune out their anxious voices, this was all my fault. V was really worried about me, he ran away because of me. How could he think he was a bad person if I was a million times worse?

The boys assaulted me with more questions, but I couldn't answer any of them. I was shocked, full of guilt. Taehyung really cared about me and I ruined his life. He felt extremely guilty for something that wasn't even his fault or really mattered. I only got embarrassed and flustered this morning, but Taehyung was treating it as if his friends tried to kill me. Shortly after I started tuning out the boys, the bell rang, meaning we all had to return to class. Jungkook and I silently walked to our class. He had to feel guilty too, he was the one that pinned me against the lockers and was the main reason why I was so flustered. But Jin was right, it didn't make sense. Taehyung didn't even know what happened this morning, why did he care about me so much? Why was he so upset about this?

I walked into the classroom, everything on my desk was left as it was before I ran out. I looked back at Taehyung's desk and saw that everything was there as it was before I left too. I turned to his desk and began organizing and putting away his papers for him, when I noticed something that wasn't there before. A crumpled piece of paper was on the very edge of his desk, any further on the edge of the desk and it would've fallen off. I unfolded it and wanted to cry when I saw what he had written on it. "(y/n), I'm sorry. I should have never said anything to you." Why is he like this?

I rubbed my eyes as I continued tidying up his desk. I crumpled the paper back up, and tried my best to forget it existed. After putting his papers in his folder and creating a nice, neat pile of his supplies on the middle of his desk, I returned to my desk. I looked at my rubric, there wasn't really much I could do without Taehyung since all of my answers were supposed to be about him. I was slightly worried when I realized we'd have to work on the project tomorrow and eventually finish it. How could I possibly face him after today? With much of the day left, I decided to try and forget the drama by working on the project anyways. I reread the rubric and decided I'd make Taehyung's project a little bit easier to do.

Taking out a piece of paper, I began writing down all the answers about myself. First in English, then in Korean next to that, because I knew it would be hard for him to translate. I giggled remembering how bad he was at English. I kind of wish Taehyung didn't run away but I was also kind of relieved that he did. It would have been awkward seeing him again after he found me crying and I saw him cry. But it was lonely working on this project by myself, and I found myself longing to hear him attempt to speak English or ask me questions. I really wanted to know his answers to these questions too. I wanted to ask him more than just the example questions on the rubric, I wanted to know more about him. I yearned to know why he cared about me. I needed to know why he felt so guilty about what happened this morning. I needed to talk to him, but I don't think I'd have the courage to do it.