Chapter 9

author's note
omg i'm soo sorry it took so much longer for this chapter to be uploaded. i don't really want to make excuses but i couldn't really think of what would happen next but then i got so many different ideas all at once and i didn't know which one to choose. so i wrote all of them then chose my favorite out of those hahaha sorry i'll try to make sure it doesn't happen again! also by the way in South Korea the school year starts in March and would still have relatively cold weather. and in Asian cultures siblings usually call the older ones a special name out of respect, but since I'm not Korean and don't know the Korean respective term, I'll just use Hyung. sorry about that hahaha if you guys would rather, I could use the Filipino one or Japanese one, but that wouldn't make sense for the story.
---------------------------------------------

Taehyung's POV:
Maybe I shouldn't have left the school, there was nothing for me to do. I aimlessly wandered the streets, I couldn't go home yet, I couldn't be around (y/n), and I didn't want to be anywhere where the guys would find me. I know the school would alert my parents that I suddenly disappeared but as long as I was home to take care of my younger siblings, they wouldn't really care. My heart felt heavy as I slowly walked along. I felt so bad for (y/n), and I just kept making the situation worse. I cried in front of her, I'm such a coward. I was supposed to apologize to her, but I just broke down. I cried and she had to comfort me. I'm so stupid.

Tears began to blur my vision once again as I thought about how hopeless this whole situation seemed. I couldn't really help her, but she was receiving all the punishments for my actions. I talked to her, she was harassed by BTS. I tried to apologize, she had to comfort me as I cried. I should have never helped her, then BTS wouldn't have embarrassed her this morning. I don't care what they did or didn't do, she felt uncomfortable because of them and that wasn't right. My phone finally stopped vibrating and I smiled. It had been vibrating nonstop since I left the school, but I ignored it. I knew it was going off because everyone in BTS was texting me. They were probably asking where I was or what happened in class. But it didn't matter, I wouldn't respond to them. They'd just find out tomorrow or something.

I stopped walking, just thinking about tomorrow. I had to return to school, my parents would force me. But could I? I would have to work with (y/n) on our project. It would be so awkward especially because of what happened today. I doubt she'd ever want to see me again. I wanted to go back, to properly apologize to her. I wanted to see her smile instead of cry. I wanted her to blush because she was laughing, not because she was embarrassed. I want her to have a more joyful time around me, instead of me always ruining it.

Hours passed as I continued to walk around the city.It eventually became that time when most students got out of school, and I only knew because I started seeing other kids in school uniforms walking around too. While I walked, my phone eventually died due to me playing games on it and listening to music. Without money, I couldn't buy food or anything so I just let hunger settle in. I decided to make my way back home, determined to be there for my younger brother and sister. But I made sure to take an unusual route so I wouldn't run into anyone on the way there. Sadly, about half-way there it suddenly began to downpour. Great, I didn't have an umbrella or anything so I just ran.

I had to be home for my siblings. I wanted to be reliable for someone, I couldn't be a complete failure. The rain quickly soaked through my clothes, making me cold to the bone. I almost began shaking as I ran down the sidewalk. As the rain fell harder, it became harder for me to see due to my blurred vision and the countless raindrops blocking my field of sight. I came to a stop as I saw a red light in front of me, I couldn't cross the street. Frantically, I tried to look around for any cars in hopes that I wouldn't have to stand in the rain any longer. However I saw some other lights which meant that a few were going to pass by. I shivered in the cold rain as I just stood there. I shut my eyes as I leaned against the street post, waiting for the sign to let me walk. It felt like I was freezing, I really am an idiot. But then the rain stopped falling on me. I opened my eyes, confused as I could still hear the rain hitting the ground. I looked up and saw that someone was holding an umbrella above me.

"S-sorry. I just thought y-you wouldn't want to stand in the rain." I shook again, I recognized that voice. Reluctantly, I turned my head to see who was holding the umbrella. My eyes widened as I saw (y/n) blushing and covering her face with her free hand.
"T-thank you." I mumbled as I bowed. I felt blush rising to my face and slowly warming it. This was so embarrassing. But that was also extremely nice of her. "A-are you going this way too?" I motioned to the other side of the road, hoping to create some conversation to kill the silence that was coming upon us.
"K-kind of." She smiled at me, blush still prominent on her face.
"Then y-you don't have to wait for me!" I exclaimed as I looked away from her, embarrassed.
"Don't worry about it!" I heard her laugh, "Y-you don't need to worry that much about me."
"Yeah but I'd feel really bad if you had to stand in this cold rain just because I didn't have an umbrella."
"It's fine." I heard her giggle, causing me to smile. "I don't want you to get sick."
"Wha-" I was cut off by a car's horn, I looked over and saw that the pedestrian sign was on, to let us walk.

I began walking forward as I felt rain drop onto my head again. I turned back and saw (y/n) had turned, still standing at the corner of the sidewalk but waiting for the other crosswalk to let her go. I looked away and ran across the street. Why was she like this? She wasn't going the the same way as me, and that crosswalk definitely would have let her go before this one let me go. She didn't have to stand there with me at all. Nevertheless, I continued my walk home in the rain only thinking about (y/n). What a strange girl. When I reached my house, I was completely soaked and freezing. Shivering, I unlocked the front door and let myself in.

I tracked in so much water that puddles were forming around the front door as I took off my shoes. I sighed realizing I didn't even have a jacket to take off, I was literally only wearing my school uniform. Despite being soaked, I walked over to the kitchen and raided the fridge. I was so unbelievably hungry, too bad I couldn't cook. I angrily shook my head, there nothing for me to eat, only ingredients for whatever my mom will cook for dinner. I went through the cabinets and saw snacks, but nothing filling enough and I didn't want to eat all of my sibling's snacks. Then I remembered I was running through the rain because I had to be home before they got here, they didn't have a key or were allowed to be home alone. I ran to the clock, they should be home around now. Just then there was a knock on the front door, I smiled and began jogging to the door, sliding a bit on the way due to the wet floor. I was greeted by my younger brother and sister smiling when I opened the door for them. I smiled back, relieved that they had their umbrellas and had stayed dry during their walk home. However, they looked at me really confused when they realized I was soaked but it didn't matter.

"Be careful!" I warned them as they walked in and took off their shoes, "The floor is wet."
"Wow, Hyung. I didn't notice." my brother, Jeong Gyu, sarcastically laughed.
"Hey! Be nice to him." Eon Jin, my sister, playfully smacked Jeong Gyu as she walked over to me.
"What?" I looked at her confused as she grabbed my sleeve causing water to leak to the floor.
"You're completely soaked!" She frowned, "You're going to get sick."
"Don't worry about me, go do your homework."