Chapter 15

*The Next Day*

              I woke up feeling exhausted, but very excited for my first day of work. I shook my head definitely had a strange dream last night, I picked up my book that lies on my bed and put it on my nightstand. I heard my phone ring, I walked over to the dresser to pick it up, and I said, "Hello."

             Martin said, "Hey Leah, good morning, how are you? Did the interview go well?"

             I said, "Hey Martin, good morning, I am alright, you? The interview went well, I got the job, and how did you hear about it?" I haven't heard from him in weeks so I don't understand how he knew about my interview.

            He said, "I am good, just about to eat breakfast, glad the interview went well, I miss you and I heard about the interview through mom."

           I smiled and said, "That's good enjoy breakfast, how's Chicago treating you? I miss you too!!"

          He sighed and replied, "Great, just exhausted from my flight, the weather is amazing you would love it."

          I laughed and said, "That's good, I hope you can come visit soon. We are still in New York."

         He said, "Yeah, can't wait, maybe in a few months."

        I was about to respond when I heard, Martin buddy, training starts soon you need to hurry.

        I sighed.

        He said, "I am so sorry baby sis, maybe we can talk again soon, text me if you need to talk love you, I gotta go."

        I said, "Yeah, Martin love you too, text me if you need to talk big bro."

        He hung up the phone.

        I sighed leaning against the dresser, I felt like crying, I truly did miss Martin even though he is out doing what he loves every day, he still cares and he is one of the closest most amazing brothers I could have.

       I run my hands through my hair and set my phone on my dresser and pick out some clothes to wear for my first day of work. I sighed, because I knew I would have to see Ry today. I headed for the bathroom and started my daily routine when I was ready, I grabbed my purse from the floor, put my phone in my pocket. I headed to the kitchen made some coffee, put it in my travel cup, open the cupboards grabbed three granola bars and put them in my purse, I checked to see if my wallet was in there. Then, I grabbed a water bottle from the kitchen counter and I headed to the front door, I grabbed my keys from the bowl on the side table, slipped on my shoes and locked the apartment, I walked the two blocks to the bus stop.

      The bus stopped beside the curb a few minutes after I arrived, Billy the bus driver nodded at me, I smiled, he said, "Good morning Leah."

       I said, "Good morning Billy, how are you?"

      He said, "Good."

       I nodded and headed for a seat in the back of the bus, some guys whistled as I found a seat. When my stop arrived, I got up and walked out of the bus I waved at Billy and walked towards Owen's Construction Company. Outside the building, I sighed and showed the security guy my badge, he said, "Morning Leah."

       I said, "Morning Mason."

      I walked into the lobby and Rachel waved, I smiled and walked to the front desk, scanned my badge, Rachel said, "Hey Leah, good morning, have a wonderful first day, we need to catch up sometime."