Chapter 13

*Leah's pov*

Rosie seats us at a booth, the restaurant is pretty busy, Max says, "Many people from the company come have lunch and dinner here since it's so close by, so don't worry if you see many people from the office, it's like their second home."

I laugh and said, "That's cool to know, thanks for telling me."

Max orders spaghetti and garlic bread and lemonade, while I order a mini deep dish pizza and sprite.

After Dan the waiter leaves, Max asks, "Leah, do you like pizza?"

I smile and said, "Yeah, pizza and hamburgers are my favorite foods, what about you? Did you expect me to order salad?"

He laughs and said, "My favorite foods are spaghetti, steak and pizza. Most girls that I bring out that have been Mr. Tyler's secretary usually have a salad."

I smile and said, "I am not ordinary and I love food, so I do my best to eat what I want and work out when I can."

He laughs and said, "I like you already, you are definitely a keeper."

I smile. Dan comes back with our food, it smells so good.

Max smiles as Dan leaves and said, "I wish you the best of luck working with Mr. Tyler, the longest one of his secretary's has lasted is one week from hiring. Just be careful, he is moody and a pain in the ass at times. He just needs to find someone that puts him in his place."

I smile and said, "Thank you Max it means a lot."

He nods as we continue eating, he said, "The only reason Alicia stays is because he can't find a decent secretary that will help stabilize his work for the company."

I nod.

As we finish up lunch, he gets a call from Alicia, she asks him to get Mr. Tyler lunch. Max says, "Okay." He hangs up the phone and orders Mr. Tyler's food as we wait we talk. Max won't let me pay for lunch, he said, "It's your congratulation lunch for getting hired."

I was stubborn and said, "Fine."

He laughs and said, "I am more stubborn than you are."

I nod. When the food finally arrives, we both get up and leave the restaurant, Max takes the take out and we head back to the company. We walk back into the company, Max said, "We will deliver lunch to Mr. Tyler and continue the tour, is that okay?"

I said, "Its fine."

We head to the elevators and head to Mr. Tyler's office, Max tells me to watch out for Mr. Tyler because he's a player and has a lot of girls around him most of the time.

I nod, since I wasn't sure if he knew about what Ryan and I talked about in the elevator the other day.

We reach the top floor, Alicia nods at us and she walks over to me and said, "Watch out."

I nod. Max opened the door, we walked in and I saw a girl kissing Mr. Tyler and sitting in his lap, her arms around him. As I looked at them, I felt disgusted; I think I found out what Alicia meant.

Max looked at me, I looked away and walked back out the door. I felt bad to leave Max to talk to Mr. Tyler, but I just couldn't stay in that room. I didn't expect him to be that much of a player, to have a girl all over him in his own company office. I headed to talk to Alicia, we talked for a bit when Max came out and said, "Leah, sorry you had to see that and it is wrong for you to see that since it is not even your first day of work yet."