Chapter 1

*Ryan's POV*

As I pull out of the driveway in my silver Audi S6, my phone rings, I answer via bluetooth in my car. 

"Hey Ry, it's Maddie." 

"Hey Maddie, what's up?" I continued to drive to the office. 

"Nothing much, I heard Alicia has an interview set up with someone who might be your new secretary if everything goes well." 

"Thanks for letting me know Maddie." 

"Your welcome Ry, but your meeting is at 9:00am don't be late." As I look at the clock on my dashboard it reads 8:40am, that's in twenty minutes. 

"Maddie, now you tell me you could have called earlier." 

"Sorry little brother that would ruin the fun." She laughs as I hang up the phone. 

As I continue driving, I call Max via Bluetooth, "Hey Max." 

"Good morning, Mr. Ryan, how may I help you?" 

"When I reach the office, can you park my car? Thanks, I am late for a meeting." 

"Sure can do Mr. Ryan." 

"Thanks Max, see you soon." 

As I reach the office building, I pull my car to a stop and rush out of my car tossing my keys to Max as I pass by, "Thanks Max." 

"No problem, Mr. Ryan." I rush to catch the elevators, but the doors are about to close. 

I scream, "Hold that door!!" I run as fast as I can. 

The doors are held open for me, by a woman with a guest badge. 

She stares at me as I walk in the elevator. The doors close and I say, "Thanks, where are you headed? Are you here to help out Alicia or the resources office?" 

She says,"Your welcome, I am headed to the 18th floor for an interview." She clicks the button for the 18th floor and the elevator starts moving. 

I say,"Oh, well nice to meet you. I am Mr. Ryan Tyler the CEO of this building, what's your name?" 

She nods her head and says, "Great to meet you too Mr. Tyler, my name is Amelia, but most people call me Leah." 

I nod and extend my hand out for her to shake, she shakes it and I hold her hand in mine for a little longer than I am supposed to. I let go of her hand. She places it back by her side. The elevator starts to shake and the lights flicker off. 

As the lights flicker on and the elevator stops shaking, I press the button on the elevator intercom and say, "Hello, can anyone hear me? This is Ryan Tyler; I am stuck in the elevator #4." I wait a couple of minutes for someone from maintenance team to respond, nobody replies. 

Leah looks at me and shakes her head. I reach into my pocket and pull out my cellphone. I call Alicia, "Hey Alicia, I am stuck in elevator #4 with Leah, the power stopped working in between the 4th and 5th floor. I am not quite sure what happened. Please get someone to fix it." 

"Hey Ryan, sure I will call maintenance and see what the problem is so I can get you guys out of there as soon as possible. Stay calm." Connection is lost. I try to call her back, but my phone battery is dead, I forgot to charge it. I smack my head and run my hand through my hair and put my phone back in my pocket. 

A/N: I'm sorry this is a short chapter. 

So how are you feeling about the story so far? What do you like? What do you dislike? 

Remember to vote, follow and comment. :) Thanks.