Chapter 9

Throughout the day, I am working when I hear a knock on the door. 

I say, "Come in." 

Alicia walks in and said, "Hello Mr. Tyler, Max and Leah are taking a break from their tour of the building, they went out to lunch, I was just wondering if you wanted anything for lunch? Janice is also here to see you." 

I smile and said, "Lunch sounds great, just order me a pasta and salad from the Italian restaurant down the street, you should get something for yourself too. What's Janice want?" 

Alicia said, "Thanks Mr. Tyler, that sounds good, I am not sure what Janice wants." 

I said, "Your welcome Alicia, just let Janice in then."

She said, "Okay Mr. Tyler, see you later." 

Alicia walks out of the room as I continue working, Janice walks in. I look up, she's wearing a very short red dress that shows way too much cleavage, with red high heels, she walks over and said, "Hey Ryan." 

I nod. 

She says, "Why don't you have time for me?"

I said, "I have a company to run, we are only friends." Well we have been friends for a long time, but she wants me to be her boyfriend when I don't want that, she's been making passes at me ever since she found out that Cassie broke up with me, Cassie was my girlfriend from a while ago, she  broke up with me since she found out I was a player. 

She pouts and sighs and said, "I thought we were more than friends." 

She walks over to my desk, she leans over showing her cleavage, she grabs the water bottle off my desk and drinks some. 

I shook my head. 

She said, "I thought I meant more to you than a friend." 

I shook my head and said, "No, we are only friends and we will only ever be friends." 

She smirks and puts the water bottle back on my desk and asks, "Why?" 

I just shook my head and said, "If you were important to me, you would be hanging out with my family and I." 

She pouts and walks over to where I am sitting, she starts to unbuttoning my shirt, I grab her hand and gently brush her hand away. 

She pouts and kisses my cheek and said, "Someone's playing hard to get." 

I said, "No!" My left hand balled up into a fist, I looked at her and said, "I don't need this right now." 

She looked at me and shook her head, she continued to kiss my cheek and moved to my neck, starting to run her hands through my hair. 

My door opens, Max and Leah walk in, Leah looks shocked, Max has boxes of take out in his hand, he said, "Hey Mr. Ryan, Alicia asked us to drop this off for you." 

Leah walked in behind Max and didn't say anything, she walked out when she saw Max put the food on the desk. 

I nodded when Max put the take out boxes on my desk. Max turned around looking for Leah, but he didn't see her so he shrugged his shoulders and said, "Enjoy your lunch Mr. Ryan, I must get back to finishing the tour of the building with Leah." 

I nod and he waves as he shuts the door. 

I turn to look at Janice, I yell, "Get out of my office now!!!" 

She glares at me and pulled herself away from me asking, "Why Ry? I thought we were fine." 

I stare at her and yelled, "Get out now or I will call security!!" I didn't care who heard me I have had enough of her and she was making my anger rise. 

She pouts and screamed, "Fine!!" She walked out of my office and slams the door. 

I shiver at the sound, I look at the papers on my desk and sigh. I open my drawer and pull out a snickers bar, chocolate and granola bars are my weakness. I set it on my desk as I open the container that Max and Leah brought me. I slowly began to eat as I realized what Leah just saw, I shake my head and feel ashamed since that wasn't even her first day here. What will she think of me now? I put on some music as I eat, "The Heart Wants What it Wants" by Selena Gomez fills the room. I relax my shoulders and eat as I hear a knock at my door, I continue eating ignoring it. The person knocks again, I say, "Come in." 

I lower down the volume of the music as Alicia comes in. She said, "Hey Mr. Tyler, did you figure out what to do about those construction jobs you were looking at earlier?" 

I smiled and said, "Yes the papers are signed, but could you please look over them to see if I missed anything? Thanks so much." 

She walked over to my desk and picked up the neatly stacked papers on the side and said, "Sure." 

I nodded. 

She asked, "Are you enjoying lunch?" 

I nodded and said, "Thanks it was just what I needed." 

She smiled and asked, "Is everything alright today? I heard screaming and yelling." 

I said, "Just the usual with Janice and something that I didn't want Leah to see, but too late." I sigh.

She said, "Oh, feel better Mr. Tyler everything happens for a reason." 

I nod and finished my food and threw away the empty boxes. 

She smiles and said, "Thanks for finishing these papers." 

I nod. 

She walks out of my office and heads back to her office.