Chapter 5

*** Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I kind of hit a writer's block and I have been busy. I promise to update soon. I am thinking of ways to continue this story.***

I worked for a couple of hours lost in my own work, until the wireless office phone rang. I picked it up and answered, "Hello Ryan Tyler speaking." 

"Hey Mr. Tyler, its Alicia I wanted to tell you I put everything on your desk and closed your office door, I won't be at the office until 8:00am tomorrow, is that okay?" 

I said, "That's fine Alicia, thanks for everything." 

She said, "Your welcome Mr. Tyler, what are you still doing at the office?" 

I said, "Fixing some papers that I messed up, don't worry I will leave soon." 

She said, "Do you know what time it is?" 

I said, "No, I just lost track of time." 

She said, "Its 7:00pm." 

I said, "Oh, I didn't realize how fast time went by." 

She said, "Don't go home too late Mr. Tyler." 

I said, "Okay Alicia, have a good night." 

She said, "Okay Mr. Tyler, good night." 

After the call ended with Alicia, I rubbed my eyes and ran my hand through my hair. I got up from my seat and stretched, the whole floor of the building was quite except for security and cleaning crews. 

I walked to the couch, folded the blanket brought it with me to the table and picked up the papers I was working on along with the notepad. I put the wireless phone in my pocket with my keys, I walked out of the room and headed towards the information desk; I took the wireless phone out of my pocket and placed it on the receiver. After leaving the information desk, I headed for one of the cleaning rooms, I walked into the room and dropped off the blanket. 

Jane the head manager smiled and said, "Hey Mr. Tyler, did the blanket need to be washed?" 

I nodded. 

She said, "Okay, I heard from Alicia that you would bring it over. I will make sure it gets washed." 

I said, "Thanks Jane, have a good night." 

She said, "You too." 

I walked out of the room and down the hall towards the elevators with the papers and notepad in hand. I clicked the up button and waited for the elevator to arrive, once it arrived I stepped in and clicked the 18th floor. Once I arrived at the 18th floor, I walked to my office open the door; I put the papers on my desk then looked for my badge I couldn't find anything in the mess so I left my office. I shook my head and sighed, unsure if I even have my badge at home. I shut the door behind me with only my notepad in hand, I walk to the elevators and click the down button. 

The elevator arrives and the head of security Trevor said, "Hey Mr. Ryan." 

I said, "Hey Trevor, how are you?" 

He said, "Fine, where you headed Mr. Ryan?" 

I said, "That's good, I am headed to the parking garage going to call it a night." 

He nodded and clicked the button for the parking garage, he said, "Have a good night." 

I said, "You too, thanks for everything Trevor." 

When the elevator reached the parking garage, I got off and nodded at Trevor as I headed to my car. I unlocked my car, put the notepad on the passenger seat beside me, as I was about to start the engine, I saw a piece of paper on my windshield. I got out of the car, pulled the paper off the windshield and it had written, the important man Ry. 

I shook my head put the paper on top of the notepad and got back in the car and started it. I shut the door and pulled out of the parking garage, Tate the security guard waved, I nodded my head. I drove to my house that my parents bought for me; I don't stay here often only occasionally, I usually just head to my apartment. I parked my car in the driveway, I am glad I didn't have to deal with paparazzi today, I know it's their job, but sometimes they bring out the worse in me.  

I took the note and notepad with me to the front door. I stared at the house, it is a beautiful beige color with a light brown roof, the house has three bedrooms and two bathrooms, it has two floors, the floors are all maple hardwood except for the bathrooms and kitchen which are tile. I unlock the door and put my keys in the bowl on the entryway table and shut the door behind me. I take everything in my hands and put them on the kitchen table. I walk to the kitchen counter see my phone charger, I take my phone from my pocket and plug it in, I walked to the sink and washed my hands. 

After washing my hands, I made myself an ham and cheese omelette. I put the omelette on a plate and grabbed a fork and went to eat at the kitchen table. As I was looking at the table, I spotted the note on top of my notepad, I got up and picked it up. I sat back down and opened it. 

It had written, Hey Ry, I am not mad that you didn't wake me up. It was wonderful meeting you, you're a great guy, I didn't expect you to be so kind. Snowboarding sounds good if you're up for it. Sorry if I interrupted your day, see you tomorrow.  Beautiful Leah.

I shook my head after I ran my hands through my hair, I finished eating put the dish in the sink along with the pan and utensils I used and washed them. I put everything back in its original place and wiped the table. After I wiped the table, I took the notepad with me to my room. I turned on the lights in the room and dropped the notepad on my bed, I took off my work clothes and changed into a comfy t-shirt and basketball shorts. I threw my clothes in the hamper, put the note on the nightstand. 

I walked to the dresser and found my badge, I shook my head and chuckled. I took it and put it in my work backpack which has all my work related stuff in it along with my work laptop. I walked to my nightstand grabbed a pen, sat on my bed and flipped my notepad to a new page and began writing my schedule for the next few days. I wrote down a few notes such as telling Alicia I need to check on some construction projects that are out of state. 

When I finished, I put the notepad in my work backpack and closed it. I put the pen back on the nightstand. I yawned and walked to the bathroom; I turned on the light in the bathroom, I brushed my teeth and flossed. I washed my face, I wiped my face and turned off the lights in the bathroom. I walked back to my bed turned off the lights and went to sleep. 

A/N: Remember to comment, vote and follow. Thanks for reading. Sorry for not updating for a while, I have been having personal issues. What do you like about the story so far? Do you think the story should continue? Do you have any suggestions to improve the story?