Chapter 6

*Yoshiko's POV*
      I walked in the room behind Subaru. I quickly took my seat in front of him, trying not to be noticed. Not everyone was in the room yet, so no one really paid attention to me. Though the teacher and I had already made eye contact.
       I prayed he wouldn't make me get up; I was always awkward with introductions. I was thinking over what I would have to say, if I stood up, when I started to hear whispers.
'Who is she?' 'Is she staying with the Sakamaki's?' 'She looks too old to be here.' 'No she looks too young!' 'I wonder if she's dating one of them.'
I just looked at my desk, making sure to avoid the others' stares. I then blushed at a couple guys' comments. Ugh why won't they stop looking at me!? And why would I be dating one of the brothers? Weird. I convinced myself that the idea was dumb and continued to ignore some whispers.
      I was blocking everything out when I felt something flick the back of my head.
      "What the hell Subaru--Oh." I turned and whisper shouted at him, until I saw all the eyes of the students on me.
      "Would you please stand and introduce yourself?" The teacher repeated.
      I slowly stood up and smiled a little, "Hello, I'm Yoshiko Himura--". I heard a couple other comments about my appearance and blushed hard, forgetting what I was gonna say and starting to stumble on my words.
      Subaru sighed, grabbing my arm and pulling me to sit back down. I looked down at my lap, trying to stop freaking out.
      "Calm down, Yoshiko. Geez." Subaru said, letting go of my arm. I barely nodded, though he probably didn't see.
      I vaguely paid attention as the class started. I hadn't even looked up from my desk, until the door swung open and in walked Kanato and Laito; late. I barely smiled to myself, realizing they were also in the class.
      They took their seats; Kanato to the right of me and Laito in front of me. With a wall to my left, I was basically surrounded by the brothers. Though I didn't really mind. Oddly, I felt safe with them there. Even if they didn't really care that I was near them, the fact that they were close calmed me.
After a while of me obviously not paying attention, Kanato gave me paper and a pencil. I smiled at him and started writing or drawing whatever.
I did the same thing the next class, and started to do it in the one after that. I was finished drawing a random animal, when something in the window caught my eye.
It was his him; again. Only this time I didn't feel any pain, so I figured I was just imagining it. Then he smirked in the distance and turned to walk away. He was really there. I felt a need to go after him so I jumped up and yelled "wait!" causing everyone to stop and look at me.
I blushed at the sudden attention I brought to myself.
"Is there something you need, Miss Himura?" The teacher hissed. I was completely embarrassed and this teacher wasn't helping any. I hadn't even realized the few tears that had escaped from my eyes.
"I...P-Please excuse me." I stuttered out, running out of the class room. I had felt Subaru grab my arm as I started leaving, but I ignored him and just ran out to anywhere else.
I wasn't familiar with this place so I just took random turns and stairs, ending up at the roof. I ran to the side, looking for my father really.
"Why won't you leave me alone!?" I screamed out to someone who wasn't there. I slid down to the floor, hugging my knees and letting myself cry. This was all so confusing. If he hated me so much, why was he still following me? I'd find him when the time came for me to finish the job I had for Kaden. But I wasn't strong enough yet. Obviously; since I'm sitting and crying on a roof, and after an outburst in the middle of a class. Better yet, It was the first day.
I barely looked up, through clouded eyes and saw Subaru kneeling down in front of me. His expression seemed softer than any other time I'd seen him. I knew he probably wouldn't like it but i leaned forward and hugged him.
      "G-Get off me!" He shouted, getting flustered. When he realized I was still crying, and wasn't planning on letting go, he reluctantly hugged me back. He put his hand on the back of my head, in an attempt to comfort me.
      After a while of sitting like that, I looked up at him. He only looked back, blushing, before we both let go and he sat next to me.
      "You told me not to keep it in inside so...what's wrong?" Subaru said, much calmer. I stayed quiet for a moment, and he waited patiently.
      "I keep seeing my father. And normally when I see him, something bad happens. I know I can't avoid him all my life but...I'm not strong enough yet. So I don't why won't he leave me alone..." I mumbled out, wiping tears from my face.
       "Strong enough for what?" He asked curiously, looking down at me.
       "To kill him." I simply stated, though he didn't look all that surprised. So I continued, "He has a plan, to kill the Demon King. Which is his brother. But along with his brother, he plans to kill his sons; my best friend, Kaden, and his younger brother, Jiro. But I have to stop him."
      "Oh...but why do you have to kill him?"
      "Because of me being half demon, you'd think I'd be weaker than the rest. But somehow Im stronger. But I'm not ready yet. He's going to kill me if he shows up now! I don't want to die yet, I just moved in with you guys!" I started freaking out again. But he put his hand on top of my head.
      "Yoshiko. You're not going to die. We'll help you get stronger." He said to calm me down. I just nodded, as he moved his hand. Then there was a long silence. It wasn't awkward, but it was calming. Then he finally spoke up.
      "I was thinking about my mother earlier, when you came outside." He said, so I stayed silent. I told him I wouldn't pry and that if he wanted to talk I'd let him on his own time; so I just waited.
      After a little, he started speaking about her. About the things she'd tell him or call him, how she treated him. It made me feel bad; no wonder he said he was a monster. Though I didn't voice my opinion, I just let him continue.          
      When he finally stopped, I sighed. Then I decided to speak up about my own mother. I talked of how the closest person I had to a mother was my nurse; though she died years ago. So I never spoke of her much.
After we both said what we wanted, we just sat in silence. Somewhere in the conversation, I put my head on his shoulder. We hadn't really thought about returning to class, so we just relaxed.
*Subaru's POV*
"Are you ready to--" I started to ask, but when I looked down at her, she was asleep. I sighed and stayed where I was.
I don't know why I decided to tell her everything I did. She just seems so easy to talk to; if she isn't mad. Either way, it kinda felt like if I had a sister, it would be her. Yeah we practically just met, but I just felt it. It was weird.
I was consumed in my thoughts when I heard a loud, "HA! Ore-sama has found you!"
I looked up to see Ayato and Yui. I quickly picked Yoshiko up, bridal style, not knowing what to do.
"Reiji sent us to find you, since it's time to go." Yui said as I walked over to them. I mumbled that that was obvious and hurried to the limo with them.
I was getting embarrassed holding her; Laito wasn't going to let this go. So I set her between Shu and I. It looked like, and I swear he was, Shu was glaring at me before I set her between us. I shrugged it off and stayed quiet the rest of the ride.