Chapter 4

*Yoshiko's POV*
Two days later
I sat up with a start and looked around. I wasn't in my room and that's when I felt the weight of something next to me. I looked down, seeing a pale arm draped over my waist then slowly looked to my right. Shu.
"Um...Shu?" I turned and started shaking him lightly. He stayed silent as I kept saying his name. I sighed then leaned over his face. Something told me he was awake and just ignoring me. I pouted; I only wanted to know what happened and especially why I was in his room and not my own. Weirdly; a part of me just wanted his attention and to talk to him. But he was being his lazy self.
"Baka." I mumbled to myself, staring down at his face. Then I saw one blue eye looking back at me. I blushed but glared at him.
"Why am I in your room and not mine? And what even happened? A-And your arm is still around me." He stayed silent at my questions. "Shu, answer me." I sat up straight and crossed my arms, his arm sliding off me.
"You are so noisy." Was all he said as his eye closed.
"That's all you have to say?" I asked, annoyed. When there was no response, I shrugged then started to get up. When my feet touched the cold floor, I felt a hand around my wrist. I turned my head, raising an eyebrow at him.
"You blacked out two days ago. Everyone still had to go to night school so they told me...well I volunteered to stay with you. They should all be asleep now though, since it's so late." He finally said; this being the most I've ever heard him speak. I faced him again, seeing the sun through the nearest window. Duh, they're vampires.
Then I remembered what had happened. I had seen his face and then I felt this unbearable pain in my chest. I had no idea what he did to me, but it only made me hate him more. I sighed and looked at Shu again; both his eyes open this time, and watching me.
"Now will you lay back down? It's not time to get ready for night school and I'm still tired." I rolled my eyes but smiled a little at him.
"Fine, I'll stay." I said, climbing back onto the bed. I blushed when he pulled me on top of him. My blush only growing as I felt his arms around me, holding me there. I sighed and got comfortable; laying my head on his chest and slightly wrapping my arms around him.
"Wait, Shu?" My head shot up. "Why'd you volunteer to stay with me?" I asked him curiously.
In response he opened one eye, barely blushed, then closed it again. He pushed my head to lay it back down and simply said, "Go to sleep."
I sighed and gave in, letting sleep come over me.

I woke up only a couple hours later. Shu was still fast asleep, and for real this time. His grip on my waist had loosened so I quietly got up and pulled the blanket back over him, as I stood on the floor.
I smiled at him. I swear all vampires are so hot. I thought, blushing lightly. I then turned on my heels and walked out of his room. I first headed to my room; grabbing my phone and earbuds to listen to music. Then I decided a walk around the mansion would be good, since I didn't get to the first night.
I walked around boredly, finding a pool, what seemed like a training room, and a music room. I told myself I'd go there later on; I didn't want to wake anyone now. I continued on my journey and to the outside of the mansion.
I saw a beautiful garden and looked around in awe. Then I saw, sitting on a bench, was Subaru. He didn't seem to like me very much, so I went and sat on the opposite side of the bench. Maybe I can get him to like me, or at least not hate me.
He only looked at me as I walked past him to sit. Then he continued to look at the roses. He seemed to be having a nice time by himself, so I stayed quiet.
"Why are you out here?" He said harshly, breaking the silence.
"I could ask you the same thing." I replied calmly, not looking at him. And he didn't look at me. "Are you okay?" I asked, breaking the second silence. I finally looked at him and he looked upset; as if he was in deep thought about something.
He seemed to make a face at the question, but he didn't reply. So, after taking out my earbuds, I continued, "You don't have to tell me what's bothering you. I was just asking if you were alright."
"How I am feeling or why is none of your business, woman." He snapped.
We looked at each other. I just smiled softly at him before looking away, back to the roses. I knew something was bothering him; I would get like this all the time. So I didn't want to make him more upset than he already was.
"I didn't say it was. Either way, all you had to say was 'no'. I didn't ask for you to elaborate and I wasn't going to ask. That's your own decision to keep talking." I don't know why I was so concerned, I just never liked seeing others upset. I keep it all in when I'm upset, and I know it won't end well but I never really have anyone to let it out too. I know Subaru probably wouldn't open up to me now, I just wanted to give him the option maybe some time in the future.
"You probably shouldn't be so calm around me. I'm a monster, I'll end up hurting you." He said quietly. I looked at him, starting to laugh a little to myself.
"You're a monster? Subaru...I've killed people...and you know why? Because I was angry and my lust for blood got the best of me. " I wasn't lying. When I would leave the church I would go crazy. I would always see my father; it was like he was talking to me in my head. It drove me mad. I wanted to cry thinking about it, but I smiled at the white haired vampire.
"If you're upset...don't keep it inside. You'll only end up doing worse things than you thought you would." I finished then stood up, walking over to smell a rose. I looked back at him as he was looking down, then started walking back inside.
I walked back upstairs and down the hall, to go to my room, but I was stopped by Yui.
"Oh there you are. Anyway, Reiji sent me to tell you that you need to get ready for night school. Your uniform is on your bed." She barely made eye contact and started to walk past me. "You should probably bathe first, who knows the last time you did that." She finally said, trying to be rude.
"Haven't heard that one before." I said sarcastically, as I made my way into my room. I saw the uniform laid out on the bed, a towel and wash rag next to it. The uniform didn't look bad so I shrugged and went to my bag; just to find it empty.
I went to the drawers and saw that my clothes had been folded and put away and organized. I wonder who did this. I figured Yui wouldn't want do such a thing for me, but whoever did it I was thankful.
I grabbed undergarments, the uniform, and the towel and rag. I found the bathroom and started the bath water. I turned to the mirror and took down my hair that had been up in a ponytail. Then I stripped down and wrapped the towel around myself, turning and realizing the water had stopped running. I also realized that somebody was sitting in the water, asleep.