1.3

1.3

•Shawn's POV•

Everywhere I went the posters and billboards where everywhere.
Princess Alyssa and Prince Antonio of France engaged and plan to be married Thursday!
Alyssa was engaged and there was nothing I could do about it. The last game was Thursday and if we don't win this one we are out of the finals. Aka we came all this way for nothing. I had to admit Denmark was beautiful and Hendeova was absolutely perfect. I wonder what Alyssa-
"Shawn!" Ollie called.
I snapped out of my thoughts and looked up.
"Dude get your head in the game, we have to leave for the game now." He told me.
I nodded. Even though we were done playing our games until Thursday we wanted to scope out the competition. Tonight's game would determine what team we play to get to the finals. I packed my bag really quick as rushed as Ollie pushed me out the door. The team got on the coach bus and drove to the arena. On the way we passed the palace. No one said a word, just looked in awe as it lit up in the nighttime.
"That's where Alyssa lives," Ollie whispered.
"Is it as nice inside as the outside?" Colin asked.
"Even better." He answered.

We all were quiet the rest of the ride just thinking about how we knew the soon to be queen of the country we were in.

•Alyssa's POV•

"What do you mean I have to get married on Thursday!" I shouted at my ignorant mother.
"Alyssa we signed an agreement between countries. The wedding must take place as soon as possible. It was pushed back for months because you went on your stupid trip." My mother yelled back.
I was taken aback.
"It wasn't stupid," I spat at her.
"Well look where you ended up, heartbroken and miserable." She said.
"You're right mother look where I ended up, the same place where I was before I left."
With that she got up and left the room.
"Goodbye my ungrateful daughter," She said.
I sat down on my bed and laid back looking at the ceiling.

(flashback)
"Daddy I'm scared of the dark," I said as I crawled into bed with him and mom.
He picked me up and brought me back to my room. He sat me on my bed and smiled at me.
"The dark has gives you so much to wonder about," he told me..."in the light you see everything but in the dark you only see what you want to see."
"What if I only see bad things?" I asked him.
He got up and pulled something out from his pocket.
"When I was little my dad would take me outside to see the stars. He said that the dark was the only way the stars could shine and something so beautiful should always shine." He said.
He laid out sheets of stickers on my bed.
"What are those dad?" I asked.
"We are going to put these glow in the dark stars on your ceiling so every time you feel alone or afraid you can look up and see the dark's beauty." He said.
We did that for hours covering the whole ceiling.

(end of flashback)

I looked up at the ceiling at all the stars.
"Oh dad, I wish I still thought the darkness depended on night or day. Now it's the color of mothers heart and soul without you." I whispered to the ceiling.
"I miss you dad."

Thursday I would be married to someone I didn't even know. 2 days would start the rest of my life.