0.6

{Unedited}

Chapter 6

The next day at school was pretty much a landslide. The whole day was pretty much free periods, I guess that's the thing you do in this school on game days. People were all wearing jersey's or team shirts, I didn't have any this morning. Well..you can say it was kinda weird.

(flashback to this morning)
I walked down the stairs in shorts and a cute shirt.
"What the hell are you wearing?" Ollie asked as I sat down for breakfast.
I looked up at him and noticed he was wearing his jersey.
"Um clothes why?" I asked snippy.
Why the hell was he asking about my clothes?
"It's game day Alyssa. That means you have to wear hockey spirt wear to school." He told me.
"How was I supposed to know? I don't even have any." I told him.
"I'll go look," He told me standing up.
He came back down after 5 mins with nothing.
"Well all my shirts are dirty because that's all I wear, but I texted Shawn and he said you can borrow one of his shirts." He told me.
"Okay," I said nervously.
What the hell, I had to wear one of Shawn's shirts! What if I ruin it? What if I sweat in it?
My thoughts were interrupted by a honk outside. Ollie grabbed his stuff and mine and we rushed out of the house. He got in the front of Shawn's jeep as I hopped in the back with Steph.
"Hey girlie," she smiled at me.
"Hiya." I smiled back.
Shawn reached across Ollie and grabbed something.
"Here Alyssa, I brought you a sweatshirt and a shirt. You'll probably need the sweatshirt for tonight, it's kinda cold." he laughed.
"Thanks Shawn," I said quietly as I took the clothes.
I put it in my lap.
"Dude put it on," Steph said.
"Why?" I asked.
"Because you can't walk into school with that on trust me." she told me.
I leaned over and whispered in her ear.
"I'm not wearing a tank top. I only have a bra on." I told her.
She laughed a little then whispered back, "Shawn's driving and Ollie is your cousin so he doesn't want to see."
I nodded and looked at Shawn.
"Shawn keep your eyes on the road, I'm making Alyssa change right now and she's only wearing a bra." Steph told him.
Ollie died laughing and Shawn blushed.
"Okay," he smiled.
I quickly whipped off my shirt and threw on Shawn's.
"Okay, she's done." Steph smiled.
"Shut up," I said playfully hitting her.
Everyone laughed as Shawn pulled in at school. We got out and the boys went to go meet up with the other guys. Steph and I walked into school. People were watching me.
"What's everyone staring at me for?" I asked Steph.
"Well I kinda didn't tell you but your shirt says Shawn's last name and number on it, so everyone knows it's his. He's the most popular guy in our grade so people probably think you're dating. Which they're not wrong about." she smirked.
I laughed and nudged her.
"Great, thanks Shawn." I mumbled under my breath.
"He totally did that on purpose." Steph winked as she walked into class.
_____
(end of flashback)

As we were walking out of school we passed the group of hockey boys. They all smiled at me and Alex made a whistling noise. Great now everyone thinks I'm dating Shawn. Shawn turned and blushed again, he threw the keys to Steph and told us him and Ollie would be there in a minute. As we got to the car I was still red from blushing so hard.
"Lol you still look like a tomato," Steph laughed.
"Please shut up," I said as I nudged her.
She smiled and opened the front door getting in.
"What the hell are you doing?" I asked as I got in the back.
"I'm gonna drive duh!" She said laughing.
"Steph no," I said to her.
"Why not," she pouted.
"You don't seem like a good driver." I told her honestly.
She laughed and shut the door. She turned the key and the jeep buzzed to life.
"Steph seriously, I'm gonna hurt you." I told her.
"Alyssa I've done this before, we'll be fine. I'm just gonna drive up to the front of the school and get the boys." She smiled.
I buckled up using the middle seatbelt and the right seatbelt from where I was sitting. I sat back and grabbed the door handle.
"Okay go," I told her.
She pulled out and drove to the front of the school.
"See that wasn't so bad," she said smiling.
"You almost hit a kid!" I yelled at her.
"Okay but that was his fault for crossing." she said.
I sat forward and made her look at me.
"Steph, that's called a crosswalk, that means the kids get to walk. It's called the pedestrian right away." I told her.
She looked at me and smiled.
"Wow, you're not even Canadian and you knew that." she smiled.
"Steph my love, that's called common sense." I smiled.
She rolled her eyes as Shawn and Ollie got in the car.
"Okay so you're driving now?" Shawn asked laughing.
"Yup," Steph smiled.
"Um no you're not, get your arse out of that seat." I yelled at her.
Steph laughed and she locked the doors and pulled out.
"Stephanie I'm honestly going to kill you," I yelled at her again.
"God Lyss don't distract the driver." She laughed.
Shawn sat beside me laughing. I looked over at him and smirked.
"It's not funny Mendes," I told him.
"It's very, and you learned my last name, congrats." he smiled.
"Well with people asking about it on the back of my shirt all day, it kinda stuck." I told him in a smart ass tone.
He laughed again and told turned to watch Steph drive because she had no idea where she was going. I watched her as she drove. She would side glance at Ollie every once in a while and smiled. I smiled to myself knowing I should ask about that later.
____
We arrived at Steph's house and we both got out. Shawn moved to the drivers seat and waved goodbye.
"Sucks for them that they have a game at seven and they have to be there at four." Steph told me.
"It's only 3:30, where are they going now?" I asked.
"I think they're going to get food, then pick up the rest of the guys they have to get." she told me.
I nodded.
_____
"Are all the games this insane?" I asked as we walked through the sea of people.
"Usually only the weekend games but Friday's like today are pretty wild." She told me yelling over the people.
"So where are we sitting?" I asked.
"Oh, Shawn saves us seats in the front so he can wave to us. We've been doing that since we were little." she smiled.
"So I have a question," I told her.
"Okay shoot," she smiled as we made it to our seats.
We sat down and I looked at her.
"What's with you and Ollie?" I smirked.
She looked down and then at the ice where they were practicing.
"Oh, um nothing. I've kinda had a crush on him since the 3rd grade." She smiled.
"So why not ask him out?" I told her.
She looked up like I was insane.
"I can't," she whispered.
Her voice shook.
"Why?" I pushed on.
"No guy finds me attractive because in 6th grade Emily made sure they would never like me." She whispered.
"Well who the hell is Emily?" I asked.
She looked at me and smiled.
"The girl you told off yesterday."
She looked away, I watched as a long piece of her blonde hair fell in her flawless face. Her green eyes looked sad, but didn't cry.
"You know you're like gorgeous right?" I told her.
She laughed and shook her head.
"Well you are and a lot more pretty than that Emily girl." I laughed.
"Thanks," she smiled.
I smiled down at my lap at Shawn's sweatshirt. MENDES 98 was in bold letters, I flipped it around and saw a C on the front. Smiling again at myself because I was falling for the captain of the hockey team.

Shawn's POV:
Alyssa and Steph got out of the car.
"Dude, you're so into her." Ollie said as I pulled out.
"Shut up," I smiled at him.
"Just ask her out," he told me.
"Ollie, she just moved here. I honestly doubt she wants to date someone." I told him.
"Trust me I think that's exactly what she wants," he said smiling at me.
I looked at him confused and then shook it off.
___
We arrived at the arena and all of us got out.
"Bro Alyssa's so hot," Alex said to Ollie.
I looked over that them to see them watching me.
"What?" I asked.
"Bro she's totally yours, I just wanted to see your reaction." He smiled.
"Well at least he's not into Steph," Kyle smirked.
I looked at Ollie as he clenched his jaw.
"Dude don't be an asshole," I said pushing him out of the way.
"What dude she's hot as well!" He yelled after me.
I grabbed Ollie's arm as he walked faster and faster towards the locker room.
"Dude don't," Ollie told me.
"Ollie, just get over it bro." I told him.
"I can't help that I've liked her for years and everyone will judge me if I date her." he told me.
"I know dude, but I think it shouldn't matter if people judge you or not. You guys are like in love." I smiled at him.
He playfully shoved me and smiled.
____
I watched as Steph looked upset and Alyssa cheered her up. God she could make anyone smile.
"MENDES LETS GO!" Coach yelled at me.
I turned around and grabbed my stick, but not quick enough. I watched as Alyssa admired my sweatshirt and I smiled to myself when she smiled at it.
"MENDES! I DIDN'T MAKE YOU CAPTAIN FOR NOTHING!" Coach yelled again.
I skated onto the ice next to Ollie, even though I couldn't see Alyssa now, I knew she was looking at me. A horn screamed and then an announcer came on the speaker.
"PLEASE RISE FOR THE CANADIAN NATIONAL ANTHEM!" it spoke.

Everyone rose as the music started.