0.7

Alyssa's POV:

For a while I tried to watch Ollie, but Shawn was kinda distracting. The way he skated so effortlessly made me smile somehow. I watched as every time someone scored he would skate over and bro hug them, what a good captain.
"Geez please don't get drool on me," Steph laughed.
I snapped out of my trance and looked at her.
"What?" I asked.
Steph bursted out laughing.
"Lyss you're so damn obvious, you're like drooling." She told me laughing again.
"I can't help it and it's not like you're any better when Ollie's on." I told her pouting.
She smirked and turned her attention towards Ollie. Her eyes sparkled as she watched him play his favorite thing. I smiled to myself and turned towards the ice.
____
"THAT'S IT FOLKS! THE ICEHOUNDS HAVE TAKEN ANOTHER WIN, IF THEY KEEP THIS UP THEY'LL BE TRAVELING ACROSS THE WORLD FOR THE FINALS!" The announcer screamed.
The crowd was going insane, Steph and I hugged as Ollie made the winning shot. From behind us I could hear my aunt and Shawn's mom yelling. Steph and I died laughing.
"Come on," she said yelling through the crowd of people grabbing my arm.
I turned and grabbed Shawn's sweatshirt and ran to catch up with her. As we got out to the lobby it was a bit quieter. She continued to pull me over to a vending machine were a younger girl was standing with a young boy.
"Lee!" Steph shouted scaring the girl.
She turned and smiled when her eyes landed on Steph. They hugged and started talking. I made my way over through the crowds of people starting to come out of the arena. Once I reached Steph the young girls eyes fell on me.
"Oh Aaliyah, this is Alyssa. Alyssa this is Aaliyah. She's Shawn's younger sister." Steph told me.
I looked at Steph like she was crazy introducing me to more of Shawn's family.
"Hi!" I said.
"Hey, so you're the famous Alyssa?" She said smiling.
"Famous?" I asked.
Did she know about my secret? How did she find out? Was she going to tell someone? Did Shawn know?
"Yeah, Shawn talks about you all the time! You're prettier than he described you, which I thought was impossible!" She laughed.
I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in and laughed along with her.
"Well I'm glad it's all good things then!" I said trying to not be awkward.
"Yeah! Don't worry, I don't think he could say a negative thing if he tried." She laughed again.
By this time most of the crowd was leaving besides the friends and families of the players.
"Is that Shawn's?" Aaliyah asked pointing to the sweatshirt in my hands.
I looked down at it.
"Oh yeah! Here!" I said reaching it out to her.
"No no! I'm sure he wants you to have it!" She said smirking.
Her mom called her after that and she left.
"What a girl huh? Always throwing Shawn under the bus." Steph said laughing.
I laughed along but inside my heart was fluttering.
_____
We sat waiting for the players for another 20 minutes. Finally I heard Ollie's loud and obnoxious laugh down the hall. I stood up and waited until they came around the corner.
"Hiya," Ollie said as he came up to me.
"Hi, you played great!" I told him.
"Why thanks, I didn't know if you were going to notice." He said.
"Why wouldn't I?" I asked confused.
"I just thought you'd be watching Shawn the whole time that's all." he smirked.
I punched his arm and laughed.
"Shut up freak," I laughed.
"Shhhhh Lyss, he's coming." Ollie teased walking away.
"Hey," Shawn said scratching the back of his neck.
"Hi," I said shyly.
"Did I play okay?" He said laughing.
I laughed, "I don't know I wasn't really paying attention to you." I teased.
His smile fell.
"Oh," he said.
"I'm kidding!!" I yelled seeing he was upset.
He looked up at me.
"I couldn't keep my eyes off of you."
_______

Shawn and I walked out of the arena to find a quiet place.
"Does it ever get too much?" I asked out of the blue.
"What gets too much?" He asked.
"The crowds, the lights, the pressure." I asked.
I was used to all the attention by now, but being here I wondered if he felt the same.
"Sometimes, yeah. I mean there's a lot of pressure to be the best." He said and looked away.
We sat down against the brick wall and enjoyed the silence.
"I've never met anyone like you." He whispered breaking the silence.
I turned and looked at him, he was smiling at me.
"I've never met anyone like you either." I said laughing a bit.
"With you the whole world seems to fade away, like all the pressure goes away. I can breathe." He ranted.
My heart fluttered and I smiled to myself.
"Yeah, I can finally breathe." I whispered back.
I looked back up to see him staring at me.
"Alyssa?" He asked.
"Yeah?" I asked looking into his eyes.
"Can I kiss you?" he whispered.
My head felt like it was going to explode and my heart started beating faster. My palms got sweaty and my lips got shaky, all I could do was nod.
He smiled and leaned in. My first kiss. Shawn Mendes. This is it.
He placed his hand on my cheek and came closer. His right hand made its way down to my hip and pulled me against him. He tilted his head and smiled. Then-
"SHAWN, ALYSSA!" Ollie yelled.
We quickly pulled apart as Ollie came around the corner.
"There you are! Lyss come on we're leaving! We have an early practice and I need to go to sleep!" Ollie ranted.
He walked away and I looked back at Shawn.
"He's grumpy," he laughed.
I laughed back and started walking to the car.
"I'll see you tomorrow then?" I asked Shawn while walking.
"Yeah," he called after.
"Okay," I said as I blushed yet again.
I kept walking until I heart footsteps racing towards me.
"Alyssa you forgot this!" Shawn yelled.
I turned around as he grabbed my waist spinning me around. His warm lips met mine as my blue eyes fluttered shut. His hand made its way to my cheek once again as one hand held me close to him. Our lips molded together as we kissed. His held me close like he was protecting me from all the awful things this world has to offer. My stomach was doing flips but my lips followed his. My hands made their way up his toned body and to the back of his hair. My fingers tangled in them almost immediately. He was beautiful and now he was mine. Well I mean kind of.
Finally we pulled away from each other, if we didn't I'm sure we could have gone all night.
"I-I um. I'll see you tomorrow." He said showing his beautiful smile.
I nodded also smiling as I nodded.
"Yeah, I'll see ya." I whispered.
He turned and ran to his family in the distance, but I stayed in place.

My fingers raced up to my lips where they still tasted of Shawn.