0.5

That's Steph pictured at the top!

Chapter 5

{UNEDITED!}

ALYSSA'S POV:

Lunch came around faster than I expected, but I was thankful. A girl I met in Chemistry was kind enough to let me sit with her in lunch. That's until Shawn and Ollie came over and took me away.
"She seemed nice!" I told Ollie as he laughed.
"Her and her friends are probably the biggest drug dealers in the school." Shawn laughed again.
My face turned red as I looked down smiling at my stupidness.
"So are you coming to practice after school?" Shawn asked again.
"Um-"
"Hey dude!" Brian yelled as he sat across from me.
"Hey man," Shawn said bro hugging him across the table.
Ollie smiled and laughed doing the same. I shyly smiled at the other hockey boys joining the lunch table. I looked up to see many girls giving me dirty looks. I turned around to see if anyone was behind me, but there wasn't.
"Why are girls giving me dirty looks?" I whispered to Ollie.
He laughed and whispered back, "Probably because you're sitting at the table with all the hockey guys."
I gave him a confused look.
"What does that have to do with anything?" I asked.
"We're kinda a big deal," he shrugged.
I nodded and looked away. As the boys talked about boy things, I looked around the cafe at the students. My eyes caught others staring right at me. She saw me and looked away instantly. I found myself staring at her for a while longer as she tried to avoid my gaze. I nudged Ollie, but he was too busy talking. I got up from my seat and made my way over to the girl eating alone. I felt as if the whole cafe was staring as I walked every step closer to her. I sat down across from her. She didn't look up.
"Hello." I said to her.
"Hi," she whispered but didn't look up.
"What's your name?" I asked.
She looked up at me.
"You don't want to talk to me," she said looking in my eyes.
"Why?" I asked her.
"I not a person that will make you have a positive reputation around here," she said frowning.
"You were the one in Shawn's car this morning right?" I asked her.
"He only drives me to school because our mothers are friends. He doesn't even look at me in school." She told me.
Her blue eyes avoided mine as she desperately tried not to talk to me.
"I'm sorry if I'm bothering you but I just thought you would be a good friend." I told her honestly.
She looked up. Her blue eyes were watery and she had dark bags that could be seen through her makeup. This girl had sad written all over her face and I wanted to know why.
"If you look around people are staring." She told me.
"So what? Let them." I told her smiling weakly.
She smiled back but frowned again.
"My name is Stephanie, but call me Steph." She said.
"I'm Alyssa, I'm Ollie's cousin from Denmark." I told her.
"You're only here for two months right?" She asked.
I nodded.
"Well if you're gonna be friends with me, you're in for two hell of months."
____

After School

"Are you going to the boys practice?" I asked Steph walking down the hall.
"I don't know, it's not really my crowd." She laughed.
"Come on, I told Shawn I would go. Please come with!" I begged.
She laughed and smiled at me.
"All the hoes go to check out the guys, I hate them so much." She told me.
I laughed with her.
"Thank you for being so very honest." I laughed.
"If you ever need a reality check, come on by." She replied.
We laughed all the way to Shawn's car.
"Well someone's happy." Ollie laughed.
"Shut up and get in the car," I shooed him.
He got in as well as Brian, Shawn, and Steph. As Shawn drove to practice he asked a lot of questions about my first day. I answered politely even though the only thing good about my first day was meeting Steph. As we arrived the boys rushed in leaving Steph and I to take our seats in the bleachers to watch.
"Are they any good?" I joked.
"Only 9 time state champs." She laughed.
"Damn," I laughed back.
I looked around to see a few girls sitting in the front row.
"Are those the "hoes"." I asked Steph.
"Only the hoest," she smiled.
"Are they mean?" I asked.
She looked at me and looked back.
"Absolutely the worst people you will ever meet." She told me.
As the boys practiced, Steph and I entertained ourselves by making fun of the popular hoes. They gasped and made kissing noises as the boys showed off to them. When practice was over the hoes made their way out, passing Steph and I.
"Oh hey Steph, barley saw you there." One of the girls said.
Steph kept her head down.
"Why don't you just keep walking," I told them.
The girl with fake blonde hair and bright mascaraed eyes laughed.
"Who the hell are you?" She spat.
"Alyssa, Ollie's cousin from Denmark." I told her standing up.
As I met her height she stared me down, as well did I to her. She was flawless with the amount of makeup she was wearing, but her attitude was a totally turnoff.
"Well Miss. Denmark, I suggest you watch what you say. It can hurt you." She said to me.
"I'm sorry what was that?" I asked raising my eyebrows.
I saw Shawn coming down the stairs, little miss bitch smiled at him.
"Let's go Alyssa," Steph said pulling me with her.
"Oh look at little Steph running from her problems like always," she said laughing with her friends.
"Sorry love we don't understand your language," I yelled.
"What's that?" She snorted rolling her eyes.
"We don't speak bitch." I spat.
Her eyes grew wide as I heard Steph laugh hysterically. I turned around satisfied and grabbed Shawn's hand running up the steps to the exit.
"What was that! OH MY GOD THAT WAS AMAZING!" Steph yelled.
I laughed.
"I have to stand up for my friends." I smiled at her.
Shawn looked confused but grabbed Ollie and Brian anways.
"I hate girls," Ollie said.
"They hate you too Ollie don't worry," I smiled.
Shawn and Brian died laughing. Not literally.
"Damn," Steph laughed.

"What can I say, don't mess with someone from Denmark."